Stealth STI - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-19-2012, 08:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Technomancer is an unknown
Stealth STI

Need a little help.

Just bought a 2011 STI Hatch yesterday morning (GO ME!!) and the bug has started to crawl.

My area is very police heavy being that we live in a very overpriced neighborhood and I'm trying to add a little more pep in the STI step but not look "suspect" because of the car I drive. I would like to go Stage 2 with this one as well, but keep the exhaust noise at a bearable range as close to stock as possible. I want to hear the boxer rumble, but also don't want the headache that I felt from my 04's HKS exhaust when on the highway. Keeping the quad tip is a must as I want the car to look stock.

Does anyone have recommendations that could help me accomplish this? Also, does anyone know of a reputable shop in the RTP area of NC that could do the work? My job keeps me chained to my desk so I cannot be a weekend warrior anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-19-2012, 09:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Catted downpipe and a quiet catback (I have no recommendations for your year model).
#3 Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
This^ or skip the catback and leave the stock catback on with a downpipe and tune. That's what I'm about to do(put stock axleback back on)

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
#4 Old 08-19-2012, 06:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
I'm a fan of this, still quad tipped.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#5 Old 08-19-2012, 07:48 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
From the reading and results I have seen on the newer gen WRX/STI is that they actually benefit a little from an actual CBE. More so than the older generations.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#6 Old 08-23-2012, 07:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

bhuebs is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomancer View Post
Need a little help.

My area is very police heavy being that we live in a very overpriced neighborhood and I'm trying to add a little more pep in the STI step but not look "suspect" because of the car I drive. I would like to go Stage 2 with this one as well, but keep the exhaust noise at a bearable range as close to stock as possible. I want to hear the boxer rumble, but also don't want the headache that I felt from my 04's HKS exhaust when on the highway. Keeping the quad tip is a must as I want the car to look stock.

Thanks in advance
I live in a city alot like yours where I got hounded by cops in my honda for my exhaust all the time. When I got my rex I had to put on an CBE also. Reading on here and other sites, the Q300 by invidia was the way to go. I love it on my hatch and I get complements all the time. Drive by cops all the time now and knock on wood no tickets yet... free way speeds it is bearable and has never bothered me. Last but not least, it passes the girlfriend test (not once has she complained about it being too loud )

Hope this helped.
#7 Old 08-28-2012, 06:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
COBB is quiet too.... I've never had any issues, that is saying something when I lived in Utah as people got pulled over all the time out there for exhausts.

As far as I know COBB actually meets the dB requirements of some state regs.

-Chris
#8 Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
Catted downpipe, invidia q300 with burnt tips =)