Stage 2 help - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-22-2011, 10:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

ramm21 is an unknown
Sorry about quad-posting. I tried doing the multi-quote thing and i failed. I will try harder next time, promise. Anyways, couldn't fix the second pull i did, im guessing ### i tried to log too many things at one time. Third time's the charm i hope. Here it is, thank you in advance to anybody still interested in this post lol.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...xJbFE&hl=en_US

-Miguelito
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-22-2011, 10:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Overall the tune looks ok. Boost seems to be close to target, but you are pulling a bit of timing from 3600 to 4500 rpm's.. It's not much at 1.4* peak, but it could still be a concern in the long run.

You are running an OTS map so it's obviously not going to be perfect, but my suggestion would be to get a custom tune done up sometime in the future. The pulled timing isn't the end of the world because it is a bit lower in teh RPM where the load is lower so knock isn't as destructive, but I'd still take care of it sooner than later.

C/N: Overall decent log, if you want the car to be 100% happy in the long run get a protune.

-Chris
#18 Old 07-23-2011, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

ramm21 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Overall the tune looks ok. Boost seems to be close to target, but you are pulling a bit of timing from 3600 to 4500 rpm's.. It's not much at 1.4* peak, but it could still be a concern in the long run.

You are running an OTS map so it's obviously not going to be perfect, but my suggestion would be to get a custom tune done up sometime in the future. The pulled timing isn't the end of the world because it is a bit lower in teh RPM where the load is lower so knock isn't as destructive, but I'd still take care of it sooner than later.

C/N: Overall decent log, if you want the car to be 100% happy in the long run get a protune.
damn i was hoping to be done with power mods after the dp install getting a protune with just a dp seems kinda of a waste. this is a DD and i live in the city which means i dont have too many opportunities to get her going, and i dont drive her aggressively most of the time anyways. would you suggest replacing a couple more things soon and get a tune to a stage2.5ish? fuel pump, injectors, tmic? any suggestions? my plan in the beginning was to get at least 300 horsies, but with our shitty cali gas and 100degree weather i dont think just stage 2 will get me there..

-Miguelito
#19 Old 07-23-2011, 03:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
If anything just add a BCS, aftermarket intercooler and then get retuned. Your fuel system is good for about 18 or so psi with 91 octane and your low elevation, which should net you close to if not 300ish to the wheels.

Intake won't do much, headers won't do much, and upping your fuel system by means of a pump and injectors won't be worth it unless you do all of the above.

A good DD is what you have, add in your intercooler and bcs and retune and it'll be a good setup.

-Chris
#20 Old 07-23-2011, 04:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I agree with Chris, but the heat will sap you of good numbers until it starts to cool off in the fall with low humidity.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#21 Old 07-23-2011, 05:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Can I offer a suggestion real quick? Try running a few more logs, say 3 at least. Then post them up to see if that timing being pulled was just a one time thing. Also log in 3rd gear from 2k up to 6500, that way the logs are smaller and easier to read through.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...