SPT vs. PERRIN - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 Old 08-04-2010, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMica Rex View Post
So when you say drone, but you can still hear it, what do you mean? I had an exhaust on my last car (VW Golf, yeah I know, the exhaust was on when I got it) and it wasn't too bad, but "too bad" is a terrible description. I know most people say if you have to ask, it's too loud, but I'm an engineer so I work in numbers. Any idea what decible range you're in at say 3000rpm (you probably don't have the tools to measure this, but maybe compare it to something you know like a blender, a tractor trailer, or a subway train)?
When cruising the exhaust is about the same volume as the tire noise with my WS60s on. It is nowhere near as loud as a tractor trailer, a subway, or a blender. It doesn't bother my wife, it doesn't drown at the radio at normal volume, and it doesn't stop me from having normal conversation. It is there but it doesn't resonate or drone. I drive through stop and go security guards 4 times a day and when I pull away at low rpm I don't get a second look.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 Old 08-05-2010, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

458Italia is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisiX View Post
When cruising the exhaust is about the same volume as the tire noise with my WS60s on. It is nowhere near as loud as a tractor trailer, a subway, or a blender. It doesn't bother my wife, it doesn't drown at the radio at normal volume, and it doesn't stop me from having normal conversation. It is there but it doesn't resonate or drone. I drive through stop and go security guards 4 times a day and when I pull away at low rpm I don't get a second look.
The other day, a cop was directing traffic and I got stopped, when he let my lane go he watched my car for a while. (I only went up to 2800-3000 RPM)