SPT muffler question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-14-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

458Italia is an unknown
SPT muffler question

Hello all, I am new to this forum and Suabru. I wanted to ask a quick question about the proper fit of the SPT muffler. I have a 2010 wrx, and I am thinking about purchasing the SPT muffler (not the pipe, just where it bolts on). So.. I wanted to know if I could put the SPT muffler directly on to the stock pipe leading back, or if the diameters wouldn't match up. I would also like to know around how much it would cost to have someone install the muffler for me. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-14-2010, 07:31 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
The SPT should bolt up with out an issue at all. It will even fit with certain other aftermarket exhaust parts. If not there are adaptors or exhaust shops can put the right flange on rather quick and cheap. If you are only doing the Cat back or Axle back portion you should really do it yourself. Its VERY easy, and will probably cost more than it should if a shop does it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 8 Old 02-14-2010, 07:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
It's a ten minute job so do it yourself. Two bolts and four rubber hangers to pop the section off of and done. Even if you don't have anywhere to do it, I did my whole cat-back in the parking lot of my apartment complex in maybe 45 minutes.

-Chris
post #4 of 8 Old 02-15-2010, 10:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

Deli_B is an unknown
I don't have a newer Subaru like you, I have an 05 WRX. I have the SPT catback, heat shield, and intake. I am really impressed with SPT. For example, the intake, they gave step by step, including pictures, instructions. On the intake they had places to put hoses that run by it. They defiantly make products that fit near perfectly with the car models they are intended for. Have no fear that you can do the install your self. Good luck.

Didn't even notice, I am out by Akron. There is a car club called Forced4s, we meet every weds at 7 at the Boneyard in Mayfield Heights. You should check us out. Forced4s.com, I have the same s/n on there as well
post #5 of 8 Old 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

PdxRex is an unknown
I just did mine on Friday (Cat-back) it took me 30 minutes, it is VERY easy. Save the money for something else, gauges whatever), plus you get to work on your car. I am VERY VERY happy with mine it sounds awesome. Nice deep tone, not too over the top.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-16-2010, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

458Italia is an unknown
Hey guys, thanks for all of the replies, I really appreciate it. Now, I just have to find a SPT muffler without the pipes on the cheap, can't afford to pay 600+ for the whole cat back.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-28-2010, 02:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

mista jc is an unknown
I think there's two SPT catbacks for sale on 3gwrx.com They're broken at the welds, and the y pipe if I remember correctly.. You can probably find a deal for just the mufflers there.
post #8 of 8 Old 11-10-2010, 03:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

murphyre3d isn't as helpful as most
reply!

I agree with them that you don't need to pay someone to install you SPT muffler. It is a "you can do it yourself" job.