SPT exhaust too restrictve? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 01-13-2010, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

djc1827 is an unknown
SPT exhaust too restrictve?

I have an 09 with an spt exh and I was told by a local tuner that my exh could be restrictive mainly the mufflers he said. I was wondering if anyone has proof of this maybe. I was thinking once i do a 3" downpipe, perrin tmic, k&n, port stage 2 and im good for mid 12s in the quarter. I dont wanna waste time bolting up a downpipe with the adapter so it fits my spt if its gonna haunt me in the future. Should i just sell the spt? I like the sound alot and it doesnt attract cops like my last car (dsm)

Anyone know somebody who went stage 2 with good results on an spt setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-13-2010, 09:09 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
The SPT would only be restrictive if you are looking to get every last HP out of a setup. With yours it should be fine. I knew a guy running around 425AWHP using the SPT axle back on his 06 STI. He liked the stock look and sound so he wasnt going to change it out.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 6 Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

djc1827 is an unknown
Yea i talked to a few tuners and they said the newer SPT exh flow a lot better than the older exh systems. The downpipe is where the restriction is. Its very nice knowing i dont have to drop another $600 to reach my goal of 300whp. Anybody know of any aggressive maps that are better than cobb and perrin maps. I heard good things about surgeline tuning so i might use one their maps until i get on the dyno
post #4 of 6 Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Getting a professional tune will be better than any generic or OTS map. The OTS maps are made to be safe and work with just about any car, but every car reacts differently than the next even to the same mods. Surgeline is a great place, with awesome guys. I had Tim Bailey actually tune my 07, he really knows his stuff. If you do get an internet map/tune from them be sure to contact them first to see how busy they are or to see how long it will take, they can get pretty backed up sometimes.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 6 Old 01-16-2010, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

djc1827 is an unknown
Yea they said they can give me a custom map thats really close to 300whp because i have the TMIC and 93oct. I might just go get a custom tune but i wanna make sure its gonna be worth the drive and money. I know a custom map from SURGELINE with be more aggressive than COBB or PERRIN maps.

Do i need a fuel pump? Some guys are saying its needed
post #6 of 6 Old 01-16-2010, 04:35 PM

It wouldnt hurt, but not absolutely needed. BTW Tim Bailey who owns Surgeline, also works for/with Cobb.

Joshua
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"