Sorry just bored, Paint= VF52 vs GT35R - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Sorry just bored, Paint= VF52 vs GT35R

08 sti gt35r vs 09 wrx VF52

sorry just bored and started laughing when i saw how slow a big turbo spools and the crazy gap till the gt35r hits about 4200 RPM, then its another crazy gap kicking my *^& above that. haha


Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
basco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,873
basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
It's all a preference on where you want your power, because I see my car as a dedicated track car in the future living in the upper 3rd of the rev range I want all my power up there, and whoevers STi that is is a waste of a 35R if they're only making 400whp on a dynojet using the SAE CF and you can tell that tune is sh!t with such a choppy plot and smoothing turned all the way up

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
basco is offline  
#3 Old 04-04-2011, 10:32 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
lk86fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 25
lk86fire is an unknown
Eh, I got an 08, this sti has got more torque(250wtq, or close to it) at 3500 as mine does max(224ish?) so...this car would feel like a beast to me

-Ryan
'08 Zoebaru WRX
Super Saiyan(1)-Torqued Performance, Eibach ProKit
www.Subicru.com
lk86fire is offline  
#4 Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
It's all a preference on where you want your power, because I see my car as a dedicated track car in the future living in the upper 3rd of the rev range I want all my power up there, and whoevers STi that is is a waste of a 35R if they're only making 400whp on a dynojet using the SAE CF and you can tell that tune is sh!t with such a choppy plot and smoothing turned all the way up



i hear that. i still dont know what id want if upgrade turbos.

im not sure of the boost on that STI run though. the other tune was on 100 fuel and made 447hp 431tq. also at least SAE is the lower correction factor opposed to STD which reads higher. some dynojets read low or very well in my opinion. as for the choppy lines all dynojets look and read like that. they take a look at the front drum then rear, then front then rear. thats were the choppiness comes from unlike a mustang. only thing that could need smoothed out is that hump at 4300-4500rpm.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
#5 Old 04-05-2011, 06:23 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
sleepr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Asia
Posts: 868
Images: 13
sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
@lk86fire - that's approx. 350 ft/lbs at the wheels, not 250 ft/lbs.

@basco - please correct me if I'm wrong but SAE smoothing factors run from 0 to 5 and that is a 3, so it is not "turned all the way up"


...don't overlook that the car is using CA 91 octane gas on that tune


Syno, where did you get that (original) picture? (just curious)

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
sleepr is offline  
#6 Old 04-05-2011, 08:13 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,158
RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ GT35 car is at 250 lb-ft, VF52 is at 350 lb-ft at 3500 rpm's.

-Chris
RcrsWetDream is offline  
#7 Old 04-05-2011, 08:32 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
basco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,873
basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
i hear that. i still dont know what id want if upgrade turbos.

im not sure of the boost on that STI run though. the other tune was on 100 fuel and made 447hp 431tq. also at least SAE is the lower correction factor opposed to STD which reads higher. some dynojets read low or very well in my opinion. as for the choppy lines all dynojets look and read like that. they take a look at the front drum then rear, then front then rear. thats were the choppiness comes from unlike a mustang. only thing that could need smoothed out is that hump at 4300-4500rpm.
thats still way too low imho especially for 100 oct, my car with a 2.2L makes 540 awhp on a very low reading dynojet in SAE on race fuel, he's got an extra .3L of displacement and dual AVCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
@lk86fire - that's approx. 350 ft/lbs at the wheels, not 250 ft/lbs.

@basco - please correct me if I'm wrong but SAE smoothing factors run from 0 to 5 and that is a 3, so it is not "turned all the way up"


...don't overlook that the car is using CA 91 octane gas on that tune


Syno, where did you get that (original) picture? (just curious)
Sleepr your totally right I'm blind and thought that said 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
^ GT35 car is at 250 lb-ft, VF52 is at 350 lb-ft at 3500 rpm's.

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
basco is offline  
#8 Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
lk86fire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington
Posts: 25
lk86fire is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
^ GT35 car is at 250 lb-ft, VF52 is at 350 lb-ft at 3500 rpm's.

Haha my bad Sleepr, this is what I meant, I should have been specific.

I'm on stock t-t-t-tiny td04, both the vf52 and the slow spooling(but still as much/more wtq than my car total has) GT35 would feel like they're steady raping me.

The vf52 just comes prematurely hahah.

The tq curve doesn't look too bad on this gt35 though. It'd be like the slowest part of the powerband you're still at my stock 08 max wtq.

And it only climbs from there

-Ryan
'08 Zoebaru WRX
Super Saiyan(1)-Torqued Performance, Eibach ProKit
www.Subicru.com
lk86fire is offline  
#9 Old 04-05-2011, 11:59 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr View Post
...don't overlook that the car is using CA 91 octane gas on that tune


Syno, where did you get that (original) picture? (just curious)
o snap good catch Sleepr!

i got it actually from Basco, from a link he posted about a GT30 on a nother post.

GT35R Turbo Kit for Subaru WRX/STI, stock location, INTERNALLY GATED : atpturbo.com

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
#10 Old 04-05-2011, 12:10 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lk86fire View Post
Haha my bad Sleepr, this is what I meant, I should have been specific.

I'm on stock t-t-t-tiny td04, both the vf52 and the slow spooling(but still as much/more wtq than my car total has) GT35 would feel like they're steady raping me.
it maybe tiny but if you had all bolt on parts, that tiny turbo can build torque up faster than the VF52. the only diff is it will fall on its face like its jumping off a tall building. just image a line striaght up then straight down.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
#11 Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
basco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 1,873
basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'm hoping they messed up and posted the chart from a 30R because that is really really low

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
basco is offline  
#12 Old 04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,158
RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
it maybe tiny but if you had all bolt on parts, that tiny turbo can build torque up faster than the VF52. the only diff is it will fall on its face like its jumping off a tall building. just image a line striaght up then straight down.
Case in point, the 08 WRX at the track on Friday could easy shoot ahead of me, but then he was toast after the first 330'.

-Chris
RcrsWetDream is offline  
#13 Old 04-05-2011, 02:18 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Case in point, the 08 WRX at the track on Friday could easy shoot ahead of me, but then he was toast after the first 330'.
time??

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
#14 Old 04-05-2011, 02:21 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,158
RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
8.43 in the 1/8

Fast enough to need a helmet, but my 60' is terrible. Maybe with a better launch a stock turbo'd 08 would never jump ahead, I'm not sure. 2.1 60's suck though.

If I can work on the launch I can get her close to 7's.

-Chris
RcrsWetDream is offline  
#15 Old 04-05-2011, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
ouch. ya 1.7-1.8 can be had with a stock 09. temp was 50 degrees by 8pm though, thats not great for hook up.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On