Somethin' fishy is going on here! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 05-15-2010, 08:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kwt-Rex is an unknown
Somethin' fishy is going on here!

Hello people,new guy here form kuwait.

Ok let's jump staright into the subject,am 100% sure that am going to buy a wrx after i finish school(Am 18 BTW),But after checking the 09 wrx(they have a few left and they go for cheaper than the '10 ones)at the dealership,I saw somethings that made me scratch my head a little,Aren't the 09's supposed to come with 225 tires?the ones they have at the dealership ride on 205's.
Also the guy working there said the wrx's they import are from japan but after that he tellls me it has a 2.5 (EJ255,WTH?)i thought japanese Spec ones came with EJ20's and are called S-GT's.
More over the 09's are supposed to have Red "WRX" stiching on the seats headrests,Well this doesn't.
The things that state its an 09 WRX are the Gunmetal rims and front grill with the WRX badge on,Is there any way i can know which Turbo it's running?
I don't know what to think here to be honest,So please enlighten me with your knowledge and correct anything i have stated that's wrong,Ohh and excuse My english skills if they seem poor.
One last thing,Where is the search button located?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-15-2010, 03:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Hmm, that is a little weird. Look at the sticker and see what the HP rating is, check the vin plate and see what year it is etc. You can't tell what turbo by looking without removing heat shields.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#3 Old 05-15-2010, 04:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kwt-Rex is an unknown
Here is the funny thing,The salesman at the dealership claims it makes 224 HP,I told him that the 09's Were a little updated from the 08's but he said "no they're all the same",So i guess i'll have to go check the VIN number,now where is the VIN plate located exactly?
#4 Old 05-15-2010, 04:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

chrischilders22 is an unknown
the 09s do have red WRX stiched into the seats. everyone of them. so if thats not there either its not a 09 or theyve been changed. also the crank hp on the on is 265hp. so that would make the whp around 225. that might have been what he was talking about
#5 Old 05-15-2010, 07:46 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Sounds like an 08 USDM spec WRX to me. It's LHD right?

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#6 Old 05-16-2010, 06:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kwt-Rex is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Sounds like an 08 USDM spec WRX to me. It's LHD right?
Yeah it's LHD,Anyway where is the vin plate again?
#7 Old 05-16-2010, 07:32 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
On top of the dash in the driverside corner, where every vin plate is located!

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#8 Old 05-16-2010, 02:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kwt-Rex is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
On top of the dash in the driverside corner, where every vin plate is located!

Right,I feel like the noobiest noob after that Q ,I'll take the maxima tomorrow to see how much they'll give me for it(trade in thingy,don't know what you guys call it),While am doing that i'll also get one of the 09's VIN Numbers,If turns out to be a fraud attempt,Am going to sue the basterds,Btw did the 08 models suffer from the engines blowing up issue that some 09's have?
#9 Old 05-16-2010, 04:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
The one on the driver's door will have a production year as well.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#10 Old 05-17-2010, 11:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kwt-Rex is an unknown
Ok got the VIN number: JFL GEELD3 9G008925 ,what i do with it exactly?
It was dark outside so it was kinda hard to see,Let's just hope i didn't miss any numbers or letters.

ohh also there is a date written on the door's side,21/12/2008,I guess its the production date.
#11 Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 PM

Garage
Ahh, I think I've figured out the mystery. Is it by chance an Automatic?

#12 Old 05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
no i think its a regular impreza. wrong color wheels and no red stitching could mean an 08 wrx along with a 205 tire and the 224hp the salesman said. however the date means its an 09 car. i say 09 regular impreza. and the salesman knows nothing about theses cars obviously! if it is an automatic, it was an 08 option on the wrx, however it was not an option on the 09. lol i dont know!! get a picture!

OP the ej255 is a 2.5 liter WRX motor. the older ej20 were 2.0 liters. the 09 wrx's do come with 225 tires.

EDIT i no its a regular impreza! wrong wheels, no red stitching and it for sure is an 09. the 10th number in the VIN is the year date. check this out

the 3rd digit for an 09 wrx should be a 1, so an L is not a wrx

4th-8th should be GE766

http://www.autohausaz.com/html/vehic...n_numbers.html

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#13 Old 05-17-2010, 01:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

Kwt-Rex is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Ahh, I think I've figured out the mystery. Is it by chance an Automatic?
Nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
no i think its a regular impreza. wrong color wheels and no red stitching could mean an 08 wrx along with a 205 tire and the 224hp the salesman said. however the date means its an 09 car. i say 09 regular impreza. and the salesman knows nothing about theses cars obviously! if it is an automatic, it was an 08 option on the wrx, however it was not an option on the 09. lol i dont know!! get a picture!

OP the ej255 is a 2.5 liter motor. the older ej20 were 2.0 liters. the 09 wrx's do come with 225 tires.
Actully its not a Regular impreza,It a WRX for sure,The TMIC and and Turbo clearly state that,and it doesn't have 205's anymore,They changed them to 225's when I picked it up at the dealership(I bought the car BTW),Well its too dark out side so i'll snap pics in the morning.
#14 Old 05-17-2010, 02:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwt-Rex View Post
Nope!

Actully its not a Regular impreza,It a WRX for sure,The TMIC and and Turbo clearly state that,and it doesn't have 205's anymore,They changed them to 225's when I picked it up at the dealership(I bought the car BTW),Well its too dark out side so i'll snap pics in the morning.
you have the most hybrid 09 ever made then. sounds like they stole the seats, rims and tires but gave you the tires back. im sorry i was wrong before but if your rims arnt gunmetal and the seats arnt red stitched then its "truly" not an 09 wrx with everything that came on them. show some pics in the morning, we'd love to see it. congrats!

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#15 Old 05-17-2010, 02:12 PM

Garage
My guess was it is an 09 GT but they only came in automatic. Maybe in whatever market you're in they just stayed with the 08 WRX for another year. We got them in the states too, just called 09 GT.

I don't think it's much of a hybrid. Everything he's said indicates 08 WRX.