Red wrx 10 Project start - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
Yea I know I have a 2004 wrx as well with 2004 bbs golds on it. they look nice but 17 . I think im gonna go for prodrive. People ask way to much for sti golds. Ive have looked online for the spt delete and I cant find a spt one? Several others but no spt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 AM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
Disregaurd the last post I found the item. The Subaru Part # for this part is J101SFG100.
#18 Old 09-17-2010, 12:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I wish the process west TMIC was out when I bought mine... It came out literally a month after I bought my Perrin.

-Chris
#19 Old 10-23-2010, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
Update

Just got back from the subaru dealership. I put my order for a 07 sti intake manifold and gaskets in. Due to saving and gifts for my wife's large family for christmas, my build has slowed. I also got a few cosmetic items shift knob, skid plate and carbon spt chrome delete for the trunk,Thanks to red104dr. Also in the next few months I will swap turbo, injectors, walbro, manifold and intercooler. I do not arrive in NY until december. I am waiting to install until I can get a good tune which will not happen up here. I will put my 52 up for sale then, it will have less than 5k miles on it. Just a heads up if anyone is looking. I will post more pics when parts arrive.
#20 Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
So does the 09 throttle body bolt right onto the STi mani? How about your TGV's? I know there's a difference in the way the bolts line up between the manifold and tgv's.

-Chris
#21 Old 10-24-2010, 02:41 AM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
2004-2006 had issues with bolts matching up to tgv's. 2007 sti mani should fit. The throttle will match up. Ive seen two 08-10wrx with this setup but both with deletes. Also the 04-06 sti mounting holes were different than the 07 sti. But even so ive talked to several people who have drilled to fit. Tgv's to manifold. I do plan on deletes as well.
#22 Old 10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

06f250sd is an unknown
Why are you going with the sti manifold? It doesn't flow any better than the stock plastic one, its metal so its just going to heat up and I'm 99% sure the throttle body doesn't line up exactly.....look at crawfords 08+ sti they built, they even put the plastic manifold on there. The only manifold really worth buying is the Cosworth one fyi.

TREBLE RACING
#23 Old 10-24-2010, 08:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
Maybe im just crazy, Im well awear that the benafits are almost nil. But ever sence I first saw the wrinkle red manifold, I had to have one. Also 200 bones is not a bad deal and if push comes to shove il send her off to grim as a core or get a nice reverse mani. Cant really explain why I need to have one , I just do. I also called a few shops in NY and they all pretty much said the same thing. Laughing at my reasoning But all of them also said they can make it happen. I appriciate you looking out for me but somehow someway il get it to work. This is the kinda thing that makes a build all the more fun!!!!
#24 Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

bizzle is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to bizzle
Word of warning on anyone looking to buy/install the SPT short shifter- there are better aftermarket for cheaper!

I got the SPT short shifter- and not pleased with it. Yes, it is shorter than stock, but in my opinion, not short enough. If I still had the extra cash I would go get a MODE- and lots of people like the Kartboy.

Just my 2 cents....

-D
#25 Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yep, SPT shifter is worthless.

-Chris
#26 Old 11-04-2010, 03:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
Yea Ive heard several people report the same thing. It came with my wrx already installed from the dealer. So im stuck with it for now...
#27 Old 11-05-2010, 06:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

xluben is more helpful than not
Nice build. Really moving along quickly!

Get the MODE shifter!

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f69/...shifter-29769/
#28 Old 11-25-2010, 02:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
update

So my wife was driving my 2004 wrx on her way to go tanning. We had just gotten a bit of a storm, road conditions were not the best. She starting sliding and slid off the road into some trees. The recent snow slowed down the wrx a bit before contact with the tree. She is fine but as for my 2004 it will rest in pieces. The damage does not look to bad from afar. I went yesterday to the bodyshop to meet with them and it was pretty bad.It was a total loss. http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/atta...1&d=1290715215
At first I was a little upset the picture your seeing is from my new wrx looking out the window from an i phone. I laughed it off , I have gap insurance. I owe alot less that its worth. After i pay off the loan, I will have a bit of money left over. Enough to start some serious mods for my new wrx. One door shuts another one opens.
Attached Images

#29 Old 11-27-2010, 09:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Oh man, that sucks. Glad everybody's ok.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#30 Old 12-06-2010, 02:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
Update

Just wanted to add a quick update. My tour in Alaska has come to a end, very cold impossible tuning enviorment. I will ship my wrx here soon. Good news i have the go ahead from my wife to upgrade. My christmas presents will consist of...

Turbo XS front mount intercooler
Injectors DW 850cc
walbro 255
Turbo XS CAI
and turbo...havent decided on this yet considering blouch dom 2.5xt-r

If you think this is a great christmas for me, check the last picture i posted!
Here is a parting shot for my WRX on her last day in Alaska

http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/atta...1&d=1291623847

I will post more pics when parts and car get in to NY. Finally a tune will be possible, Hopefully the next time i post, I will have numbers to post. Im also trying to wiggle a meth kit in the mix. We will see...
Attached Images