Ready for my tune. Parts list - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-12-2011, 07:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Like I was previously saying, porting the stocker and replacing the header all together are done to accomplish completely different goals. I say this running basically a GT3076 on a completely stock manifold though. I agree that it's not work it on a stock turbo. Down the line yes.
I'm assuming you mean its not worth it. The typo is highlighted for you.

Granted ELHs and even aftermarket UELHs can sometimes clean up some of the stock headers poor flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjklement15 View Post
That was already considered. that bcs is the only part that will not be on for the drive to the tuner. They said since its so quick to do they will just throw it on for $20 when tuning
Good deal. I just like to double check and let some people know. Glad either you figured that out before hand or your tuner made you aware.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-12-2011, 08:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Sorry. I was working while making that post.
#18 Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Its ok Justin...I like to harrass you for being so strong opinioned sometimes.

Kirt
#19 Old 12-13-2011, 12:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

rjklement15 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
I'm assuming you mean its not worth it. The typo is highlighted for you.

Granted ELHs and even aftermarket UELHs can sometimes clean up some of the stock headers poor flow.

Good deal. I just like to double check and let some people know. Glad either you figured that out before hand or your tuner made you aware.

Great thanks, Just to clear it up, Other than the BCS (not installed until tune time) the header, up pipe, and pulley should be okay for the ride to the tuner as long as I stay out of boost.

Again, I will install the parts either the day of, or day before tuning. Driving home 20 minutes highway (both destination are less than a mile from the highway ramp). Then the car Is Parked until time to tune (about 35 minutes mostly highway).

One more question, How loud will the headers be and how much rumble will I lose. I have heard some say that it will be gone, some say just decreased. I am okay with them being louder, I just dont want to piss off the neighbors on a cold start.
#20 Old 12-13-2011, 08:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

ELH headers you'll be lucky if you have any Subie rumble. Mine is decreased with my UELH because my GTSpec Headers I would say flow better than the stock set-up. But, its still unequal... You have the Cobb TBE? The headers will change the tone of your exhaust more so than it'll make it louder. Louder is a bigger turbo or a more annoying catback. My car is loud but I'm sure some of these guys with fartcans are a lot louder than mine.

Kirt
#21 Old 12-13-2011, 09:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
It will sound like a Japanese tuner car. No more Subaru sound at all as it is the unequal length that gives them the "unequal" sound much like a Harley's firing note due to the unequal fire stroke, (I hate harleys!) I just had to do it haha.
#22 Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I hate Harleys too!! but I <3 Buells!

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#23 Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

cwinterbower is more helpful than not
Garage
Never rode one, unfortunately it would be hard for me to get into one as most ones I have seen have the same archaic motor from 1903 in them that all the rest of em do . I have a Guzzi and an FZ1 though . (Not trying to snipe your thread, but I had to respond) I did answer your question above though.
#24 Old 12-13-2011, 10:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'm in the process of purchasing Daytona 955i! I've been dying to get back into bikes since I sold my R1 in college now I just need my shoulder to heal so I can get to riding.

and OP if I were you I would sacrifice the extra power from the ELH if you like the subaru sound

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#25 Old 12-13-2011, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah, I can't comment on true ELH headers. But, I definatly miss the rumble at times. Mine is just a subtle rumble now.

Kirt
#26 Old 12-13-2011, 02:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You guys do realize that most of the special edition Subaru's come with a twin scroll turbo which has an equal length header? So your telling me just because of the sound you'd turn away a Spec C Type RA-R?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#27 Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Why would I do that? I already have lost most of my rumble.

Kirt
#28 Old 12-13-2011, 09:39 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
You guys do realize that most of the special edition Subaru's come with a twin scroll turbo which has an equal length header? So your telling me just because of the sound you'd turn away a Spec C Type RA-R?
In yellow, YES PLEASE. Been in love with that car since I discovered what a subie was. The only think in my mind that compares is the unicorn of a 22B.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"