problems with e-brake - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-09-2008, 10:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

08silverwrx is an unknown
problems with e-brake

has any one with a 2008 subaru wrx had problem with there ebrake not working at all when pulled up the whole way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-10-2008, 04:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

08Subie is an unknown
mine likes to sqweel when i pull it if i try and slide a bit on a dirt road, but works fine when parking...can you see if the cable is loose?
#3 Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
You might wanna be careful doing that... it's not a very good idea to pull the e-brake while driving an all-wheel-drive car. It's very hard on the gears, and in fact, maybe that's what's making your squealing noise. If you want to whip the back end of a car around, hop behind the wheel of a rear-wheel-drive car and have some fun.

John
07 WRX
#4 Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
You may need to readjust your ebrake. There are two ways to do it. One is the cable itself, but the proper way is get underneith the car. Behind each rear brake, on dust shield, there's a rubber tab. Remove it. Using a flat screwdriver, turn the cog all the way tight, the back off by 2-3 clicks. And yes, it's a lot easier then it sounds. You can double check the repair manuel to do it yourself, or have a mechanic do it for you.

As for yanking your ebrake while moving. It is quite bad. From what I understand (hearsay) on an STI is okay since it has a sensor that disengages the rear diff when you do it. On a regular WRX, you're locking up your rear diff and heats it up pretty badly since all the stored energy is going into the diff.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae