Not wanting to blow up my car - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-29-2011, 06:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
the RPM doesnt matter, i can go from 2k rpm to redline and never hit boost, its how hard you step on the gas.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-29-2011, 07:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by psinuse View Post
I have a question? *raises hand*
Go ahead and just freaking say it already.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#18 Old 07-29-2011, 07:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Why do people run CAI on these cars? Seriously how much do you really think your getting out of it?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#19 Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

thesaltyguy is an unknown
why u dont think cai r a good invest for a mod....im curious
#20 Old 07-29-2011, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Well for starters this is not a naturally aspirated car, it's forced induction, the cold air the flows in will be heated instantly by the turbo. Now if you were to lower the temps, by say 30+ degrees then yeah you might see a bit of a hike in power, but I doubt any CAI can do that. Also 100's of people have made good power without one. You'd be better off spending money on a good tune, and following the same basic upgrade path that most do. Trust me you'll be happy in the long run and so will your tuner. Not trying to be an a$$hat, just trying to point you in the right direction and save you and your tuner alot of headaches.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#21 Old 07-29-2011, 09:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

hmmmmm now u got me thinkin
#22 Old 07-29-2011, 09:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
^ it is true that PRE 2008 wrx's don't benefit much from a intake but it has been shown that the 08+ cars have a very restrictive stock air box. So it is actually not that bad of a mod, it doesn't need to be a CAI but a SRI wouldn't hurt.
#23 Old 07-30-2011, 05:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

Not sure about the benefit of 08 and ups, but I haven't seen proof in anyway that a CAI increases power to the point where it's be worth the effort and money to install one and the headache of tuning it. SRI in my opinion and ok, but still not worth the money that you could spend on something else. The stock air boxes on these cars can handle more than most think.

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#24 Old 07-30-2011, 05:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

black beast2 is an unknown
^ yeah my SRI was one of the last mods to go on my car. I ran my AVO 380 turbo off the stock box for quite awhile. As a matter of fact after I got the SRI I ran a ots map from Rallitek until I had time to get tuned, and my 1/4mi times went from high 12s to 13 flat or just above, needless to say I wasn't very happy. The main reason I even got the intake was because one of my DSM friends was always making fun of me for having all this money in my car and didn't even have a intake. After I finally got a tune I was making almost 40 more whp tho, i know that that doesn't really mean much because of how the numbers can vary on the dyno, but the butt dyno could defiantly tell the difference.
#25 Old 07-30-2011, 06:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Unless you are stage 2 and can get a protune...don't even bother with a intake.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#26 Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

thats excatly what ill be at stage 2 and goin to a tuner tuesday
#27 Old 07-30-2011, 11:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Wow didn't see the next page of posts.... No need to respond to a post on page one.

-Chris
#28 Old 07-30-2011, 11:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Wow didn't see the next page of posts.... No need to respond to a post on page one.
Try doing it in green, that seems to catch there attention better...

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#29 Old 07-31-2011, 12:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
i went SRI for a minute and tuned on it when i went EWG because my setup allows me to. Tuner hated it. gotta remember even if the compressor does heat up the air to say 200 degress from bringing in air thats say 75, then change that air to 95 coming in, chances are the compressor could then be able to heat the air to 220 degress. if the fan blowing on the dyno can only help the IC cool the temp 115* then one tunes gonna be at 85* and the other will be at 105*.

im not saying this is scientific but you can get the point. we just had a hard time with temps and because im blow through we can see the temps better than a draw through MAF would. im 100% all for an intake on cars and have seen there benifits.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#30 Old 07-31-2011, 05:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
i went SRI for a minute and tuned on it when i went EWG because my setup allows me to. Tuner hated it. gotta remember even if the compressor does heat up the air to say 200 degress from bringing in air thats say 75, then change that air to 95 coming in, chances are the compressor could then be able to heat the air to 220 degress. if the fan blowing on the dyno can only help the IC cool the temp 115* then one tunes gonna be at 85* and the other will be at 105*.

im not saying this is scientific but you can get the point. we just had a hard time with temps and because im blow through we can see the temps better than a draw through MAF would. im 100% all for an intake on cars and have seen there benifits.
Again a drop of 30+ degrees will make a slight difference. Intakes have there place, just not on a car that is mostly stock. Rotated, blow thru MAF then yes, but stg.2 or even one making less than 375hp it's pointless. Oh wait

03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...