new subaru owner - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-28-2010, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

dsason is an unknown
new subaru owner

Heyy everyone i jus bought a 2005 subaru wrx and i was wondering if anyone had some advice/suggestions on the:
Megan Racing Subaru Impreza Type 2 Black Catback Exhaust 2002-2007 Subaru WRX.

I want a catback exhaust that could give good clear rumbling sound and some speed but im not really worried about speed i really like the way the wrx sounds with an exhaust....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-28-2010, 07:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
That one's pretty decent. Have you listened to any sound clips online or have you heard it in person? That's really the deciding factor - as long as you're happy with the price and the way it looks. Cat backs don't really give you any speed - maybe 5-10 hp if you're lucky. They're mostly for looks and sound - and yes, most all of them will give you the nice Subaru rumble that you're looking for. Some will be louder than others, so make sure you listen to a sound clip before you buy it to make sure that's the one you want. I have an HKS cat back on my 07 WRX and it's plenty loud - probably too loud for some peoples' tastes, but I like it and that's really all that matters. Good luck with your decision!

John
07 WRX
post #3 of 3 Old 05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Hondafan is a helpful contributing member
Man Show has a great point. They don't really do anything for REAL performance vs. price on these cars, but when you find one you're happy with, that's all that matters. I got the SPT exhaust on mine and I still feel like it drones out a bit too much at 75-80 unless I'm off the gas and decelerating. I wouldn't say it's really loud in any other instance, but that's what makes it a little difficult. Anyway, check Youtube for a little while and find clips from the back revving, and also drive-bys, as you'll really hear it under load too. Most of the clips have something else combined, like a BOV or something, but you'll get the general idea. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement