New Dyno, 09 WRX EWG 330HP 360TQ - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
welp my final tune will be here soon. i decided to go with DW 750cc injectors. with the $200 rebate for my stock injectors i just cant beat $221 shipped. E85 just isnt in the cause anytime soon and since i dont want to rebuild the motor, if i do get a bigger turbo one day they should suffice for 400whp since my 565cc stocks were good for 330-340whp. we are really excited because a stock turbo has never done 350whp on my tuners Dynojet. plus even if people make fun and say Dynojets suck at least i can show a 120WHP increase over stock and that ant bad! the other bonus is ive never seen a VF52 with almost every bolt on possible, it should give people a good idea what it can do. just everyone keep your fingers crossed because im pushing that 30k replacement OEM clutch time frame that is so popular with everyone and we should be close to 400WTQ!

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-14-2011, 05:19 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
It's not that Dynojets suck. They're actually more accurately portraying engine hp imho. It's just that they give you a different number than whp. That, and people tend to be personally offended when you claim more power than their cars "illegitimately". E-penis inferiority complexes I call it. I mean, I personally don't like when somebody quotes dynojet numbers as whp, but that's a unit problem. The measurement itself is valid. It's kind of like elevation differences and temperature differences. It's just one more factor between the number (which is honestly rather vague and theoretical anyway) and actual performance.

Comparing to what it was stock is an excellent way to minimize the majority of outside factors. Saying you make "50% more than stock, when I started" when you measure before and after on any decent dyno is going to give a fairly clear indication of what the mods and tuning have accomplished.

If you're up front about the dyno being a dynojet, your numbers are certainly real enough. That's why we have a dyno type field when you enter your numbers in your profile. Subaru quotes at the flywheel, dynojets quote at the end of the driveshaft, and mustang dynos quote at the bottom of the tire. All three are equally valid, they're just different.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#33 Old 04-14-2011, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Only time I have a problem with dynojet numbers is when somebody doesn't have a baseline and then brags when their setup makes 30whp more than somebody else with the same setup on a different dyno.

In your case everything has been done on the same dyno so it's apples to apples and you know you picked up 120 over stock. Same car would probably still gain 120 on a mustang, just a slighly lower factor.

It's like my car, I've only ever run airboy plots but I keep everything the same when I run the logs through and get accurate results to compare to. I'm showing about 305whp on airboy and have done pretty much the same things as you minus the blow-through FMIC (TMIC) and inlet. Who knows what my car would do on a dynojet, but it would be exactly as fast as it was whether it's 305 on airboy or 325 on dynojet.

I'm honestly surprised you're going with DW though.... Especially since you can ALWAYS sell your injectors to DW no matter if you buy from them or not. I've sold about 5 sets of injectors to them and I'm still running stockers on my car I'm probably going to pick up the ID1600's and cash in my stockers for the $200. I just wish ID would make an in-between set around 1200-1300 instead of jumping straight to 1600 from 1000's. 1600cc injectors costing $800+ is a tough pill to swallow. I'm still not convinced the five-O's are any good or I'd be all over their 1200cc injectors.

-Chris
#34 Old 04-14-2011, 08:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
if you go ID just remember you can't ever run Q16 or VP Import because they are not compatible with the oxygenate MTBE

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#35 Old 04-15-2011, 09:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Never planning on running fuel that expensive. E85 for me.

-Chris
#36 Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
I figured I could return the stocks for cash but with my luck they'd want a receipt saying I bought DW's to being with. My only other option really was getting ID 715cc and spending more money. At this point it's not a big deal. If E85 becomes more avalible, I build the block and buy a larger turbo it won't be a big deal to sell the 750cc for cheap since I don't have a lot tied up in them. Plus they should be good on pump and meth for up to 400whp so I'm all good there.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/