New 08 what mods?? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-22-2007, 05:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX1394 is an unknown
New 08 what mods??

Hey whats up. Well I just got a 08 WRX in White. I actually rolled my 07 F-150 7 times avoiding a dear, wasnt wearing a seatbelt and really didnt get hurt.. Took the FD 2 hours to cut me out of it, but thank god I was ok. So after that I always wanted to get a WRX ever since i was 19 and was gonna get the 2.5 RS when they first came out..

So I am new have been reading alot of post but I was wondering what you guys suggest on mods. Where I live its all nice roads really curvy mountain roads so I wanted to do some Suspension upgrades for that. I also wanted to do wheels and tires which is a must on this new WRX. I was thinking of going with the White Gram 57Optimise so it could be White on White which i like. My question is what do you guys think so i go 18's or 17's like I said where I live its nice curvy roads but they are a good amount of bumpy roads so I dont want all rim.. I want to keep it like a AutoX setup since I may want to do some AutoX in the future. But I am not sure if I get 17's will it just look to small for the car? I wanted to show you guys the mod list I was thinking about and see what you guys thought. I did a search but since its a 08 and there isnt really anything out there figured I would ask. Any help would be appreciated thanks

Mod List - That I would like to do

Cobb - Acess Port
Cobb - Down & Up Pipe or just wait for a Turbo Back Exhaust or Get the Down Pipe and then go with a Catback Exhaust
Cobb - Front Swaybar
K&N - Typhoon - SCC put one on there Sema Car and they got pretty good gains
White Gram Lights 57Optisime 17 or 18's
Tires depends on rim size I guess

Can I get away with stock suspension with the new wheels and tires, or should I do like Cobb Sport Springs and a front Sway bar. And later on swap out the Stock Struts they should hold up fine for a while with new springs.

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-22-2007, 06:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Your not going to need an uppipe I dont think.

swaybars from rallitek http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php...opic=53464&hl=
Ultimate racing project 08 dunno if they released the exhaust yet..http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php...opic=53600&hl=

If you want to autoX then I would say go 17s and go wider than stock im not familiar with the 08 specs so I cant tell you exactly what that would be and then use a little wider rubber than stock.

Falken azenis RT615s are a good tire so are the kuhmo ecsta MX.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
#3 Old 12-23-2007, 04:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRX1394 is an unknown
Thanks for the reply.. Yeah I want to be able to AutoX but I almost think that the 08 needs 18's just cause the car is a bit bigger. I wasnt sure about the upipe. I think sway bars, Access Port, downpipe, wheels and tires are the first to be done.

I checked the exhaust site out, I mean seems like the exhaust I have seen all have single out the WRX Sedan has duals wonder if anybody is gonna make the duals?
#4 Old 12-23-2007, 06:21 PM
b7g
WRXtuners Member

b7g is an unknown
i believe that most of the part from the latest Legacy will work on the 08 wrx. I would call the shop like PERRIN, or PDXtuning and talk to them. They are already testing products on new sti and wrx.

drive = freedom
#5 Old 12-24-2007, 07:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX1394 View Post
Thanks for the reply.. Yeah I want to be able to AutoX but I almost think that the 08 needs 18's just cause the car is a bit bigger. I wasnt sure about the upipe. I think sway bars, Access Port, downpipe, wheels and tires are the first to be done.

I checked the exhaust site out, I mean seems like the exhaust I have seen all have single out the WRX Sedan has duals wonder if anybody is gonna make the duals?
The more rotating mass can really hurt you on an autoX course.

I autoXed all last summer and every single subaru ran 17s you can go 18s if you really want to but it will make your ride rougher and may hurt you on an autoX course.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
#6 Old 12-25-2007, 02:35 AM
WRXtuners Member

WRX1394 is an unknown
I hear ya. I mean autoX isnt my main concern for the upgrades I make. I think the 08 needs 18's or do you think 17's will look good with the right kind of drop?I really just want a good wheel & tire combo for the roads that are around the area I live which are all just curvy mountain roads. I figure if I do 18's and keep the stock 17's for my winter setup. Will 18 x 7.5 be alright on the 08 you think what offset do you think I need? I was thinking of doing Cobb Springs with Swaybars front and rear and keeping the stock struts for know then swapping them out, just cause I dont have the cash to drop on coilovers or can I get away with just swaybars and running the 18's? I am new to the WRX so I am confused on what you can get away with you know. Thanks Happy Holidays.