Mods list, what HP gain? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 10-28-2008, 07:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

08wrx101 is an unknown
Is it possible to just get a DP and go directly to Stage 2? Has anyone done this on an 08? How does it run?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 10-28-2008, 08:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
Still wondering if a stock STi DP is a viable option that looks stock.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#18 Old 10-28-2008, 11:09 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
Still wondering if a stock STi DP is a viable option that looks stock.
No it's not. It's ALSO a piece of crap.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#19 Old 10-28-2008, 09:21 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Check Cobbs map notes to see what is required for thier stage 2. They will tell you what it consists of.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#20 Old 01-11-2009, 02:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

Stevo198 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Cobb Intake
Bellmouth Downpipe (catted prob)
Cat Back (whichever brand you like the sound of)
Tune (Cobb AP or something custom)

Voala! Stage 2 WRX v.08
I have a new 08 WRX, got it on halloween. I've been looking for some upgrades too, specfically, the Cat back exhaust and intake. Most likely intake first, due to the cost, then the Cat back. I'm curious as to whether I should aim for the SPT exhaust or save around three to four hundred dollars and go with a different maker. With the intake, what is the advantage going with a Cobb intake versus another brand?

Last edited by Stevo198; 01-11-2009 at 07:30 PM.
#21 Old 01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

The SPT is a good exhaust. You can find it for about $700 these days. I found mine for $350, but that price has disappeared. I'd go with mangnaflow if I were you.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#22 Old 01-12-2009, 01:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

On_3_Go is an unknown
Get yourself a nice dp and catback with intake and get xpt stage 2, I am currently running it and i love it. My current setup consists of Invidia catless dp, Spt catback, Aem intake (due here wednesday, thanks redcharge) XPT Stage 2 map, Cobb Short Throw, Innovate WB, and a stripped out shift knob (stupid factory plastic threads!!) lol
#23 Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
WRXtuners Member

ajtoce is more helpful than not
doesnt AP stage 2 require stock intake on 08?
#24 Old 01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by On_3_Go View Post
Get yourself a nice dp and catback with intake and get xpt stage 2, I am currently running it and i love it. My current setup consists of Invidia catless dp, Spt catback, Aem intake (due here wednesday, thanks redcharge) XPT Stage 2 map, Cobb Short Throw, Innovate WB, and a stripped out shift knob (stupid factory plastic threads!!) lol
I'm XPT stage 2 as well. Are you running the E85? Big diff over gas?

I probably will in the next week or so.

Brad

#25 Old 02-10-2009, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

04wrxhart is an unknown
from what i've read before all you need for stage 2 is a DP and a tune. I wouldnt waist the money and get an aftermarket intake id go with the drop in filter unless the intakes on the 08 are as bad as you guys say they are. downpipe wise i think id go with cobb. i have heard alot of good stuff about them. if money is an issue there is a brand on ebay called SR*S. for under 200 bucks you can get an aftermarket dp. i dont recall if it is catted or not but i think it has a high flow cat on it. ive heard good stuff about this brand. they also sell uppipes for $80 catless with a flex joint and a spot for your egt if your a moron, and a catback for $200. but i heard that the catback is pretty loud and some people regret buying it. fitment on these items claim to be perfect oem replacements and people have commented saying that it was as well. i myself plan on getting a uppipe and DP real soon due to the fact that i just got my taxes back $$... good luck.
#26 Old 02-10-2009, 11:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
Can I chime in ?..........2008 WRX 5 door here ,

Mods are , perrin cai , perrin intercooler , invidia 3" downpipe , spt exhaust , and perrin stage 2 93 octane map wit perrin inatke !!!!!

I started with a cobb stage 2 map 93 octane , that required 3" exhaust ( stock intercooler allowed) , it was a huge improvement , maybe 210hp / 250tq to the wheels , but I wanted more , but the plastic intercooler can take only so much . So I moved on a and put a intercooler on , and a perrin intake with a injen hydro sheild , as usual , loaded up perrins stage 2 map , 17.5 peak tapering off to 10psi at redline . It was a huge difference , much more aggressive than a cobb stage 2 . I'm gonna guess 220hp/270tq , but who knows , I need a base line dyno . I've been driving like grandma for a week now , with city driveing Im getting 21.5 mpg , and that's when I'm not boosting so you have an idea , I'm most likely going to upgrade the turbine , its pissing me off , I wanna put down 280+hp@15psi at the most ..........enjoy the intake on 3 go !

Redcharge ~~If you have a bugeye , expect a flybye!!!!!!...........
#27 Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04wrxhart View Post
from what i've read before all you need for stage 2 is a DP and a tune. I wouldnt waist the money and get an aftermarket intake id go with the drop in filter unless the intakes on the 08 are as bad as you guys say they are. downpipe wise i think id go with cobb. i have heard alot of good stuff about them. if money is an issue there is a brand on ebay called SR*S. for under 200 bucks you can get an aftermarket dp. i dont recall if it is catted or not but i think it has a high flow cat on it. ive heard good stuff about this brand. they also sell uppipes for $80 catless with a flex joint and a spot for your egt if your a moron, and a catback for $200. but i heard that the catback is pretty loud and some people regret buying it. fitment on these items claim to be perfect oem replacements and people have commented saying that it was as well. i myself plan on getting a uppipe and DP real soon due to the fact that i just got my taxes back $$... good luck.

Thats great , but a 2004 is way off from a 2008 . The 2008 is 2005 lgt platform.

Redcharge ~~If you have a bugeye , expect a flybye!!!!!!...........
#28 Old 04-21-2009, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

COBB_08wrx is an unknown
Balls To The Wall 358hp-431ftlb Tq 08 Suby

WOMPSHH
#29 Old 04-22-2009, 07:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

COBB_08wrx is an unknown
bolt ons

HEADER
UP-PIPE
DOWN-PIPE
LIGHT WEIGHT PULLY
UPGRADE TMIC PERRIN
TURBO INLET PERRIN
COLD AIR INTAKE PERRIN
FULL CATBACK
PERRIN BOV RECIRC
MISHIMOTO RAD
COBB ACCESS PORT
STAGE 3 MAP-SEA LEVEL ( ABOUT 49 DEGREES F WHEN TESTED )
AND SOME STICKERS FOR EXTRA HP BOOST.... 5 HP PER STICKER

WOMPSHH
#30 Old 07-18-2009, 07:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

Shocker is an unknown
It doesen't take many bolt ons to max out the efficiency of a TD04 turbo. TBE stage 2 and a good tune and you are there.