Subaru WRX Forum banner

Loud Screech New Recirc Valve

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  mfarnham 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has come across this issue, it's a little hard to diagnose when I am driving. It doesn't sound like turbo stutter, though I guess it could be. I just put a new recirc valve on (moving from vta), and adjusted it to where it barely breathes at idle, and releases perfectly fine at part throttle with zero stutter at low boost, however when I really wind it up 20lbish, I get a loud almost un nerving squelch. Not really sure how else to describe it, I used bending radiator hose for the return (has a spring inside), and it returns to a Perrin turbo inlet. I am wondering if the sound I am hearing is the pressure making it's way through the tube? Or possibly hitting the turbo on the intake side?(the pressure). I have checked the obvious signs, kinks in the recirc line etc, but the path to the turbo inlet from my bov is a fairly bendy one.
Again just hoping someone may have stumbled across a similar issue.
Thanks.
-Carl

#3 ·
Yeah, it sits on the pipe from the front mount. It's a new gasket and sealer. There is a point where the actual valve has a screw in peice that mounts to the recirc hose that is just "hand tight" as I don't want to put anything abrasive on the aluminum. But the sound is coming from the passenger side of the car, (the inlet or turbo). It doesn't make the chh chh chh chh like turbo stutter, its just one loud bark. The recirc hose makes a very tight bend right before it gets to the inlet, though it is open and I tested it. Just can't figure out what the sound is.
-Carl

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.