Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just went from Stg2-3.

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Markus75 
#1 ·
Ok so just went from a standard stage 2 wrx to a stage 3 if that means anything with an upgraded IC got a vf 48 for next to nothing and a CAI. Gained 40 bhp and the top end is amazing but I do miss that early spool of the 52.

#2 ·
Supporting mods might be a good call at this point, Typically I recommend upgrading your fuel deliver system with a bigger turbo so new injectors and fuel pump. Most stage 3 tunes from pro tuners also recommend a wide band sensor which is a goo call for any stage in the tuning process.

Glad its running well.

#3 ·
I asked them about the fuel system upgrade but they said I didn't need it. Its a conservative tune to 18 psi as its my only car. Planning to do headers next year with 94 octane tune should get me another 40 ponies at the crank. Loving the boost all the way to redline. I realize now that I need better tires with all this extra power it just never ends but it's fun.

#4 ·
Definitely better tires are recommended.

Also, if you haven't already sorted out the brakes now is a good time to do so. Suspension and brakes are the most important part of any build without which your 500hp car is just a splat on the end of the raceway.

Glad to hear that they are being conservative with your tunes. Keep it up.

#6 ·
Stage 1-2-3 is really a marketing term, If you look to some of a major manufacturers like Cobb Stage 1 = engine managment and Stage 2 = exhaust modification and engine manangment. If you ask Crawford ( who makes stages up to 5 ) then Stage 1 = engine managment Stage 2 = Exhaust and managment Stage 3 = intercooler and some supporting modes Stage 5 = new turbo and fuel system and everything in the lower stages.

Really the Stage system just makes it easier for people to buy performance mods that work well together. It is also a nice way for enthousiasts to talk about how their vehicle is performing without having to list all their components. Weather or not thats a good thing or not is up for debate. I think its a much less technical way of having a technical conversation like " what have you done on your car" ? "Oh its Stage XX" I prefer to tell people what I choose to work on first, what parts I choose and what boost I am running. With that info most guys who are into cars can tell about how powerful the car is, non-car people get exactly as much info from that as "yeah its stage 2 bro"

Hope that helps

#7 ·
Stage 1-2-3 is really a marketing term, If you look to some of a major manufacturers like Cobb Stage 1 = engine managment and Stage 2 = exhaust modification and engine manangment. If you ask Crawford ( who makes stages up to 5 ) then Stage 1 = engine managment Stage 2 = Exhaust and managment Stage 3 = intercooler and some supporting modes Stage 5 = new turbo and fuel system and everything in the lower stages.

Really the Stage system just makes it easier for people to buy performance mods that work well together. It is also a nice way for enthousiasts to talk about how their vehicle is performing without having to list all their components.

Hope that helps
ok actually really happy i asked lol id like to stay to the standard and top out at stage 3 i feel like saying stage 5 is just excessive haha with the build i am about to complete i honestly wanted to know what "stage" id technically fit into, this was good, thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.