Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream
Lol... those are aggressive times. maybe for somebody that has done the install before. CBE I'll agree with an hour. Short throw I say two hours for a newbie because it's probably the whole assembly with the linkage (45 mins if it's just the shifter), strut tower bar yes 15 minutes, lower chassis brace I say 45 minutes. In the end I see your two hours and raise you three lol.
Regardless, if you have time, it's all a super easy install as long as you have a wrench and a brain.
Changing just the shifter takes like 7 minutes.
1) Remove shiftknob/console cover - 2 minutes
2) Remove bolt - 15 seconds
3) Pop out shifter (pull back against metal) - 3 seconds
4) Grease new shifter - 15 seconds
5) Pop in new shifter (line up and hit it with your palm like Mr. Miyagi) - 15 seconds
6) Reassemble (one bolt) - 30 seconds
7) Screw on shift knob and screw down console - 2 minutes
The whole linkage might take a couple hours, I've replaced a shift linkage that took 4+ hours before. Strut tower bar is a high estimate at 15 minutes unless your bolts are stuck. I pulled the lower chassis brace number out of thin air, I just cant see something taking 45 minutes when it basically amounts to bolting a piece of metal to another piece of metal.
In any case, I agree with your conclusion, times may vary but it is highly unlikely you will run into a showstopping issue installing these parts. Don't strip anything, don't crossthread anything, and take your time (unlike me).