Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L 2008+ WRX, STi, and GT) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Just purchased 2011 wrx (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/just-purchased-2011-wrx-32319/)

KirbStomp 04-10-2012 03:56 PM

Just purchased 2011 wrx

I just purchased a 2011 WRX, my first wrx btw... it already has an full inividia exhaust system, an SPT boost gauge and an AEM CAI, and the previous owner had the COBB AP on the vehicle as well. The previous owner took the COBB AP when he traded the car in, so i don't currently have it. The vehicle seems to be running a little rich and the boost peaks at around 16psi... should this still be the case since the AP is no longer with the vehicle? I know with most plug and play programmers you can't use them on multiple vehicles.

I'm taking the car to subaru tomorrow morning to have everything inspected... should i have them return the car to stock settings or is the car currently in a safe configuration? Would it be safe to have it on a stock tune with a full exhaust and CAI?

brfatal 04-10-2012 04:44 PM

The car requires tuning for the mods listed. You're running more than stock boost so you may very well be. Only a tuning shop would be able to tell you for sure. You need to find out ASAP if it is, and until then you need to stay out of boost.

KirbStomp 04-10-2012 06:12 PM

[quote=brfatal;278549]The car requires tuning for the mods listed. You're running more than stock boost so you may very well be. Only a tuning shop would be able to tell you for sure. You need to find out ASAP if it is, and until then you need to stay out of boost.[/quote]

Thanks for the insight! Yeah i figured the car was still tuned since it was running higher boost and there wasn't a boost controller on the car. I'll let you know what i find out

newtothegame 04-10-2012 08:11 PM

If the AP map is still loaded and you dont have the AP, your ECU is more than likely locked, and that guys AP is useless until someone pays around $300 to get it reset.

turmic 04-10-2012 08:34 PM

Let alone that the OP is pretty much f'ed as well. If he has a tune on it and no AP.

KirbStomp 04-10-2012 09:23 PM

[quote=turmic;278566]Let alone that the OP is pretty much f'ed as well. If he has a tune on it and no AP.[/quote]

OP? sorry im not tracking...

turmic 04-10-2012 09:42 PM

OP = Original Poster...make sure if you have a tune or not. Its very likely if the previous owner took the AP....that he should've returned the car to stock and unmarried the AP. If he had any brains...thats not always the case though.

subielove 04-10-2012 09:49 PM

i just purchased 2010 wrx.. so should my first purchase for my vehicle before i get exhaust and stuff be the AP??

turmic 04-10-2012 09:54 PM

Well, I'd say understand which which EM option you want to go with. EM = Engine Management or tuning opion. Because these cars are pretty much mod and required to tune for the new parts on about 95% of the parts will put on the car. Its not a good idea to run mods without a tune a majority of the time...like a said. There are a few mods you could run while just limping the car around with no boost. But, who wants to do that?

KirbStomp 04-10-2012 10:22 PM

I spoke to the original owner and he says he set the car back to the factory settings because he's selling the AP now that he no longer needs it. He says the increased boost could be a result of the intake, but I highly doubt that

brfatal 04-10-2012 10:44 PM

He has no idea what he's talking about.

synolimit 04-10-2012 11:36 PM

[quote=KirbStomp;278580]I spoke to the original owner and he says he set the car back to the factory settings because he's selling the AP now that he no longer needs it. He says the increased boost could be a result of the intake, but I highly doubt that[/quote]

intake no, DP yes!

pzr2874 04-11-2012 05:55 AM

OP-Take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out. Or buy the AP from the previous owner. You bought the car with a warranty, right?

This is the kinda garbage that gives buying used cars a bad rep.

KirbStomp 04-11-2012 07:05 AM

Yeah the car came with a 5yr 100k mile warranty, I'm taking it to Subaru today and I'm buying the AP from the previous owner as well, so there will be a happy ending on way or another. Thanks for all the help guys, I'm liking the community already