Subaru WRX Forum banner

Just ordered my DP for my 08 WRX

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  basco 
#1 ·
hey guys hows i goin, just ordered the downpipe for my o8 wrx sedan, gonna go with XPT stage 2 once i get it, just wondering how its gonna feel and if anyone else could tell me about what they think about it. Im also wondering whats next down the mod path? tmic, blowoff valve and protune? then eventually a new turbo? ive heard that a new pulley might be helpful. Im just lookin for other parts that will give me decent gains other then what ive mentioned. Obviously an intake.

#3 ·
Get 3" catback if you dont have it already. After talking to my mod guy, just so happens to be the part manager at my dealership, he set me up with a guy near me that can turn completely stock 08 WRX to more WHP than the 09 STI. With only 3" DP and Catback and an accessport. some hell of a protune but appearently thats what he says.... If I was you i would look into that sort of thing. this is just after i looked into swapping out the VF48 turbo(stock 08 WRX) to the VF52 turbo(stock 09 WRX). He quickly directed me down this path as a much more efficient route. Thats what i would look into. Granted, you are going through open source i would still look into getting a protune to maximize the power and efficiency of your car with out dropping too much more money into it.

#4 ·
Get 3" catback if you dont have it already. After talking to my mod guy, just so happens to be the part manager at my dealership, he set me up with a guy near me that can turn completely stock 08 WRX to more WHP than the 09 STI. With only 3" DP and Catback and an accessport. some hell of a protune but appearently thats what he says.... If I was you i would look into that sort of thing. this is just after i looked into swapping out the VF48 turbo(stock 08 WRX) to the VF52 turbo(stock 09 WRX). He quickly directed me down this path as a much more efficient route. Thats what i would look into. Granted, you are going through open source i would still look into getting a protune to maximize the power and efficiency of your car with out dropping too much more money into it.
not on the WRX...it still has the TD04...the VF48 is stock on the STi and will not fit onto the 08+ WRX without modifications

#6 ·
In my experience, you always want to start as far away from the engine as possible and work towards it. In other words, start with exhaust and intake, then downpipe/uppipe, headers, turbo, etc along with supporting mods (fuel, turbo, tune) for that upgrade. Granted, running an aftermarket intake supposedly makes the WRX run lean so that one would be done with the tune. In any case, post what you think of it when you get it installed. For your next upgrade, I'd finish off the exhaust. My $.02.

#8 ·
but then theres that small percent of us :D...I blew my first motor trying to run a GT35R on a stock AE86...lets just say after 3days of 25lbs my rings were non-existent

#10 ·
yep...now I have a built motor...It's so tempting to just go launch in first but if I do my tranny will turn into mush...thats what the Evo is for...till I can afford some PPG's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.