Just got my perrin Recirc BOV!!!!! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 Old 03-13-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LockEmUp is an unknown
Just got my perrin Recirc BOV!!!!!

***edited*** i appreciate all of the feedback and such, i just recently sold the product before i even thought about installing it on my car.. waste of money on my part.. time to move on

thanks

Last edited by LockEmUp; 07-03-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 03-19-2008, 02:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

twentyclowns is an unknown
Since u have an 08 and I feel bad ill help you out. Do exactly what I say if u don't wanna eff your car up. And if you don't believe me just search some forums and you'll see everything I say it the truth
1. Sell your BOV asap and replace it with the stock one. You don't need a bov and all it will do is hurt your car and make u run lean, u won't need it untill u have enough mods to go we'll over 20 psi, 24psi to be exact
2. Don't buy a CAI(cold air intake) don't even buy a short ram, don't buy anything. The same thing will happen, the stock intake box breathes fine we'll into abunch of mods, if you ever go stage 2 then maybe get intake but it would have to be protunes
3. The accessport should always come first. Engine management is the most important thing you can do, then get exhaust and suspension or watever. You don't need a damn bov or CAI and frankly its a waste of money and time and it will just mess your car up
post #3 of 18 Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Well from what he is saying is he got the Perrin Recirculating (BPV) or By Pass Valve,which is just like what the car runs stock. Probably doesnt notice a dang bit of difference though. And BOV usually make the car run rich in between shfts cause of the air the MAF measured isnt there for the fuel that was sent for it.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #4 of 18 Old 03-19-2008, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
i had the perrin adjustable recir on mine at one time... it was great i wad saving about a pound of boost or so in between shifts it was great! but i sold it in thoughts that i was selling my car... just to start modding it again about 3 months ago haha
post #5 of 18 Old 03-25-2008, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Gucci Maine is on thin ice
from what i read and i have done alot of it cause im thinking of getting one. A evaporating bov will not f your car up unless installed wrong. however it will make you run lean and do eaxctly what new said. if i was you I wouldnt do a bov yet untill you have done exhaust and suspension. then a cold air intake and then if you start adding and make more boost do the BOV. hope it helps
post #6 of 18 Old 03-25-2008, 08:00 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Careful with which CAI you get Maine, no many if any of them are good for the car, unless you try and get tuning done for that.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #7 of 18 Old 03-25-2008, 11:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXKidid775 is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci Maine View Post
from what i read and i have done alot of it cause im thinking of getting one. A evaporating bov will not f your car up unless installed wrong. however it will make you run lean and do eaxctly what new said. if i was you I wouldnt do a bov yet untill you have done exhaust and suspension. then a cold air intake and then if you start adding and make more boost do the BOV. hope it helps
BOVs do not make your car run lean they make you run rich. Anything installed wrong can mess up your car. The air let off by an atmospheric BOV isn't there but the car doesn't know that so the fuel that was calculated for the air that was supposed to be there is still added to the motor making a rich mixture.

There is no point to a BPV or a BOV. A BPV is what the perrin unit is. It wont add the woosh and will not help performance.

You just wasted your money. congrats.

Robby
02 rex is gone.
I defected to an evo :)
Evo is gone :(
Now I got nothing.
post #8 of 18 Old 03-26-2008, 10:34 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
... But it says Perrin on it so it must be good!

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #9 of 18 Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

LockEmUp is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXKidid775 View Post

You just wasted your money. congrats.

better this than that piece of shxt access port for 700 bux that keeps fxxking up the 08's check engine lights and making the cars hiccup uncontrollably, but that seem's to get more favor

thanks for the wonderful advice btw
post #10 of 18 Old 06-09-2008, 12:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

bak2rex is an unknown
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockEmUp View Post
better this than that piece of shxt access port for 700 bux that keeps fxxking up the 08's check engine lights and making the cars hiccup uncontrollably, but that seem's to get more favor

thanks for the wonderful advice btw
Dude this is my first post on this forum and I didn't want to introduce myself like this. Where do you get your info, from a friend of a friend of a cousin's roommate who test drove an 08 that supposively had an AP? I have the AP on my 08 stage 2, no hiccups, burps, farts or whatever else you wanna call it. O yeah I don't baby it either, I've tested it's limits on the track.
post #11 of 18 Old 06-13-2008, 06:07 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
What the hell is an "evaporating BOV" You monkies..it is an "atmospheric bov"....

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
post #12 of 18 Old 06-13-2008, 07:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

WRXtreme is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to WRXtreme
I was confused by the whole evaporating BOV thing myself. I started wondering if they made a new kind of BOV that I hadn't heard of yet.
post #13 of 18 Old 06-22-2008, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
its a BOV that makes money evaporate out of your wallet and it just wasted your time along with it.
post #14 of 18 Old 06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
What the hell is an "evaporating BOV" You monkies..it is an "atmospheric bov"....

Well a bov like mention before is really only needed at higher boost levels.I would really start looking into some form of engine management if you are going through with the mods you are putting on lockemup.
post #15 of 18 Old 06-26-2008, 12:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

mikeb01453 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
hahaha i was wondering the same thing