Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L 2008+ WRX, STi, and GT) (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/)
-   -   Just got my perrin Recirc BOV!!!!! (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/just-got-my-perrin-recirc-bov-22616/)

LockEmUp 03-13-2008 10:24 AM

Just got my perrin Recirc BOV!!!!!

***edited*** i appreciate all of the feedback and such, i just recently sold the product before i even thought about installing it on my car.. waste of money on my part.. time to move on

thanks

twentyclowns 03-19-2008 01:46 AM

Since u have an 08 and I feel bad ill help you out. Do exactly what I say if u don't wanna eff your car up. And if you don't believe me just search some forums and you'll see everything I say it the truth
1. Sell your BOV asap and replace it with the stock one. You don't need a bov and all it will do is hurt your car and make u run lean, u won't need it untill u have enough mods to go we'll over 20 psi, 24psi to be exact
2. Don't buy a CAI(cold air intake) don't even buy a short ram, don't buy anything. The same thing will happen, the stock intake box breathes fine we'll into abunch of mods, if you ever go stage 2 then maybe get intake but it would have to be protunes
3. The accessport should always come first. Engine management is the most important thing you can do, then get exhaust and suspension or watever. You don't need a damn bov or CAI and frankly its a waste of money and time and it will just mess your car up

newtothegame 03-19-2008 04:47 AM

Well from what he is saying is he got the Perrin Recirculating (BPV) or By Pass Valve,which is just like what the car runs stock. Probably doesnt notice a dang bit of difference though. And BOV usually make the car run rich in between shfts cause of the air the MAF measured isnt there for the fuel that was sent for it.

IH8PVMNT 03-19-2008 04:11 PM

i had the perrin adjustable recir on mine at one time... it was great i wad saving about a pound of boost or so in between shifts it was great! but i sold it in thoughts that i was selling my car... just to start modding it again about 3 months ago haha

Gucci Maine 03-25-2008 06:53 PM

from what i read and i have done alot of it cause im thinking of getting one. A evaporating bov will not f your car up unless installed wrong. however it will make you run lean and do eaxctly what new said. if i was you I wouldnt do a bov yet untill you have done exhaust and suspension. then a cold air intake and then if you start adding and make more boost do the BOV. hope it helps

newtothegame 03-25-2008 07:00 PM

Careful with which CAI you get Maine, no many if any of them are good for the car, unless you try and get tuning done for that.

WRXKidid775 03-25-2008 10:12 PM

[QUOTE=Gucci Maine;190368]from what i read and i have done alot of it cause im thinking of getting one. A evaporating bov will not f your car up unless installed wrong. however it will make you run lean and do eaxctly what new said. if i was you I wouldnt do a bov yet untill you have done exhaust and suspension. then a cold air intake and then if you start adding and make more boost do the BOV. hope it helps[/QUOTE]

BOVs do not make your car run lean they make you run rich. Anything installed wrong can mess up your car. The air let off by an atmospheric BOV isn't there but the car doesn't know that so the fuel that was calculated for the air that was supposed to be there is still added to the motor making a rich mixture.

There is no point to a BPV or a BOV. A BPV is what the perrin unit is. It wont add the woosh and will not help performance.

You just wasted your money. congrats.

nagyhead 03-26-2008 09:34 AM

... But it says Perrin on it so it must be good!

LockEmUp 03-28-2008 06:22 PM

[QUOTE=WRXKidid775;190395]

You just wasted your money. congrats.[/QUOTE]

better this than that piece of shxt access port for 700 bux that keeps fxxking up the 08's check engine lights and making the cars hiccup uncontrollably, but that seem's to get more favor

thanks for the wonderful advice btw

bak2rex 06-08-2008 11:23 PM

Huh?

[QUOTE=LockEmUp;190838]better this than that piece of shxt access port for 700 bux that keeps fxxking up the 08's check engine lights and making the cars hiccup uncontrollably, but that seem's to get more favor

thanks for the wonderful advice btw[/QUOTE]

Dude this is my first post on this forum and I didn't want to introduce myself like this. Where do you get your info, from a friend of a friend of a cousin's roommate who test drove an 08 that supposively had an AP? I have the AP on my 08 stage 2, no hiccups, burps, farts or whatever else you wanna call it. O yeah I don't baby it either, I've tested it's limits on the track.

dumdum 06-13-2008 05:07 PM

What the hell is an "evaporating BOV"WTF You monkies..it is an "atmospheric bov"....

WRXtreme 06-13-2008 06:24 PM

I was confused by the whole evaporating BOV thing myself. I started wondering if they made a new kind of BOV that I hadn't heard of yet.

turmic 06-22-2008 04:29 PM

its a BOV that makes money evaporate out of your wallet and it just wasted your time along with it. :tease:

xmoniewrx 06-24-2008 12:46 PM

ROFL
[QUOTE=dumdum;198460]What the hell is an "evaporating BOV"WTF You monkies..it is an "atmospheric bov"....[/QUOTE]

ROFL

Well a bov like mention before is really only needed at higher boost levels.I would really start looking into some form of engine management if you are going through with the mods you are putting on lockemup.

mikeb01453 06-25-2008 11:36 PM

[QUOTE=dumdum;198460]What the hell is an "evaporating BOV"WTF You monkies..it is an "atmospheric bov"....[/QUOTE]

hahaha i was wondering the same thing