Subaru WRX Forum banner

just got 08 hatchback wrx

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  413TreX 
#1 ·
so i just have a couple of questions.. i previously had an 03 wrx that i totaled but have parts left over.. A TBE, inlet tube, lightend crank pulley and lastly the stock wheels. so my question is will any of these parts fit on my 08??? and yes i plan on getting an AP before anything else in case your wondering.. hope to get replys soon! thanks guys

#7 ·
Nope. 16" wheels will fit. I looked into them when I had my '08 WRX. The stockers from an '02+ will fit. I ended up getting 17" wheels for my snow tires though. I couldn't handle the look of the 16's even just for the winter. I may have sacrificed a little in snow performance, but the good news was that I got to keep those same 17" tires for my STi and only had to buy wheels this past season!

#10 ·
ok so heres another question (downpipe) i figured i d ask in here since ive already started this thread.
i thought my car just had an spt axle back but i actually got a glimps under there an its a full CBE, whats my best fitment option for a DP?

#11 ·
Brad an easier way of saying that would be to just tell him about a tire calculator.

Tire size calculator

stock 205/50/17 on the 08 wrx is 25.1" tall. a 205/55/16 would be perfect at 24.9" tall. a 205/60/16 is to tall at 25.7" and not great on parts and its more than just ride height.

how do you know? the stock CBE is 2.34". its gonna be hard to tell the difference between that and 2.5" with the naked eye. even though i think the SPT uses a donut gasket which no aftermarket DP's use (maybe cobb). best way if your going to keep the SPT is get an adapter they make for donut to flat and stock to 3".

#14 ·
I think in my earlier post this was discussed it wouldnt fit..
simply i was just trying to save money but thats impossible now because i dont have access to any of my shit in storage as i forgot to pay for like three months and they ended up auctioning off my shit. live and learn haha

#15 ·
Lol I know it's been discussed it won't fit.
I'm pretty sure the turbo-downpipe flanges are the same(02-08+). I can't be positive until one is in my hands and I do it myself.
I think the reason everyone says they won't fit the 3gen is the length is different.
I'm going to buy a 02-07 downpipe for my 08 just to make it fit and see why everyone keeps saying it won't fit.
I'm a machinist, so if it gets to cutting and welding, I'll post a DIY.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.