Subaru WRX Forum banner

Invidia N1 exhaust

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Devin Buxton 
#1 ·
Hey just wondering if anyone that has gotten this exhaust has had a issue with the tips of the exhaust being a little off! I was also wondering if anyone thinks new hangers might help with getting them more even?

#2 ·
When swapping exhaust it is always a good idea to pickup a set of new hangers. I like urethane hangers personally beaues they tend to hold tighter and thus put less stress on the flanges and seals. They also come in a number of heights, maybe someone with your model year can chime in on what length you should purchase.

Also as a rul of thumb when installing exhaust I like to hand tighten all the flanges so you can play with the roll and pitch a bit before torqing the nuts to spec. That lets you play with 2-3 joints before you settle the final tip angle.

#3 ·
I too am looking for a more aggressive exhaust. I have been told the N1 is obnoxious and sounds terrible, but really its all preference. Some people adore those crackles and pops, others hate them. You can try to listen to online videos, but you will never get a real sound out of a video. That raspy throaty-ness isn't the car, its the piss poor mic on the guys smartphone (usually). I was looking at going with a muffler delete and sell my SPT axleback, but im afraid with my mods towards the front I'll be much too loud (cop magnet). My 2 cents would be to look into turboxs exhausts. I've heard better things from them and i believe theyre close to the same price. Oh and most importantly, if they say they will get you 35 hp with a muffler swap, its probably junk as they have no idea what theyre talking about ;) Keep us updated on what you decide!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.