intake manifold help - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-23-2011, 02:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
intake manifold help

I purchased a my07 sti intake manifold a while back for conversion to my 10 wrx. I'm planning on making the swap soon. I know it it just for looks, but I Love the wrinkle red sti manifold. My question is besides the manifold which throttle body would I need as well as any other parts I will need. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-23-2011, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
im confused, weren't you the one that left subis and got a big truck? just havent seen anthing in a long time now i see new posts about a bunch of stuff lately.

as for the mani its a huge project. your saying you have a USA 07 sti mani? if you do im not sure when they went from 12mm bolts to 10mm bolts with also a different bolt pattern, maybe 07?

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#3 Old 10-23-2011, 06:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Don't the 2010 flow better than the earlier models??? I know the 07's had different TVGs than the 06 and down...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#4 Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
No trucks for me just been in Afghanistan for the last 7 months. Just recently come home for leave. I was told by a subaru parts sales rep 07 mani would fit. Don't know how true it is. I got it new for cheap, just wondering how big of a project it will be. Just love the look. I have seen it done to a g3 wrx. Just not sure what year mani it was.
#5 Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well.... If you still have the stock turbo layout you're going to need to find an STI intercooler and a standard layout turbo as well since any intercooler made for the STI is going to have a different type inlet than the newer WRX's have.

Basically it's going to take some custom work to get an intercooler to work, or a new turbo and intecooler.

-Chris