sweet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 09-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Suspended

Boost Addict is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
hey boost i just spent time reading your post on your car and have a few questions. the invadia down pipe was that your problem or not? should i just cut down the divider as soon as i get it? also, 750cc does seem large when your at 303 with stock injectors and fuel pump. i get the idea though to keep the strain off the stock parts.
Yes, the Invidia was the cause of the over-boosting problem. If you're going with an Invidia DP, make sure you trim off that divider plate to prevent any issues with the wastegate on a vf52 opening. After cutting, we've had absolutely NO over-boost issues.

750cc is not what I'm running at 303. I'm currently on Stock injectors (~540, I believe). With 750cc installed, we're going to get a healthy boost of power with a positive echo on reliability.
#18 Old 09-06-2009, 06:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Addict View Post
Yes, the Invidia was the cause of the over-boosting problem. If you're going with an Invidia DP, make sure you trim off that divider plate to prevent any issues with the wastegate on a vf52 opening. After cutting, we've had absolutely NO over-boost issues.

750cc is not what I'm running at 303. I'm currently on Stock injectors (~540, I believe). With 750cc installed, we're going to get a healthy boost of power with a positive echo on reliability.
ok ill do that on the DP and i no ## not on the 750cc yet, thats why i said ## at 303 with the stock injectors and pump. im gonna do 650cc though since 540cc seams to work for u. 650cc shouldnt be strained out like the 540's and it should all run pretty good. thanks
#19 Old 09-07-2009, 10:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I wonder if Invidia knows about this problem... maybe somebody who has the downpipe and has experienced this problem and has had to modify their downpipe could send a friendly email to the company just to let them know about the issue. Although I don't think it's very likely, they may just be completely unaware of it.

John
07 WRX
#20 Old 09-07-2009, 11:43 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You know John its funny. I remember reading on Perrins website, they have a similar issue with their divorced DP, and they mention you have to grind it. Wonder why Invidia hasnt figured it out yet.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#21 Old 09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

well for my motor and stuff i dont care if someone says one is better then the other, at only $270 for a catless DP im getting that and ill cut it off just incase and peace of mind.
#22 Old 09-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Suspended

Boost Addict is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by man show View Post
I wonder if Invidia knows about this problem... maybe somebody who has the downpipe and has experienced this problem and has had to modify their downpipe could send a friendly email to the company just to let them know about the issue. Although I don't think it's very likely, they may just be completely unaware of it.
Actually, Invidia is fully aware of the issue. I called them several months ago. They are aware of it, but have decided not to change the design since it only effects SOME owners. My honest opinion is that there are variances in the casting that are simply not worth risking bolting on without cutting it off. If you're buying the Invidia, save yourself the trouble and just trim it prior to installing.
#23 Old 09-07-2009, 10:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Addict View Post
Actually, Invidia is fully aware of the issue. I called them several months ago. They are aware of it, but have decided not to change the design since it only effects SOME owners. My honest opinion is that there are variances in the casting that are simply not worth risking bolting on without cutting it off. If you're buying the Invidia, save yourself the trouble and just trim it prior to installing.
well i deff am. i cant believe they think or maybe they do have open proof that a slit makes more hp then an open. even if it does it cant be more then 1-2hp. and if cutting it off saves touble then im cutting.
#24 Old 09-09-2009, 02:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
You know John its funny. I remember reading on Perrins website, they have a similar issue with their divorced DP, and they mention you have to grind it. Wonder why Invidia hasnt figured it out yet.
The Perrin downpipe I got just over a month ago didn't have that little tab at all. it's all a flat smooth surface from the turbo to pipe. I guess they just took the 10 seconds at the shop to grind it off for me,
#25 Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

travisd is an unknown

If you want to get over the 300 mark you could go my route and get it pro tuned
here is my cut and paste the i posted on another forum, just wish i wasn't so high above sea level and wish we had 93octane or e85 since that would allow me to run way more boost. i still plan on getting more parts sooner or later just got to waite for the right price to justify getting them.

Facility:Pro Power Dyno
Type of Dyno: DYNO JET
Baseline # for a stocker at the dyno: 226whp 270wtq
Boost: 19.7psi
Fuel: 91 octane
Target AFR:11.2-11.5
SAE Corrections:
Peak HP at RPM: 336awhp
Peak Torque at RPM: 401awtq
Mods:
Ultimate racing FMIC, CAI
Tsudo catless TBE
DW850cc injectors
Agency power Inlet tube
H.O.A 3port EBCS
Turboxs 50/50
Walbro 255 fuelpump
Cobb accessport
Camtuning.com Rio Rancho, NM .Great at what he does @ 5000ft Elev using 91oct
#26 Old 09-10-2009, 03:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

mmm thanks nice info! not sure what all you're parts do there but the AP, catless exhaust, injectors, pump and intake ill be getting to start, TMIC will come alittle later but maybe here at only 600 feet above see level and we have 94 Sunoco, 93 everywhere else!!! that will help to
#27 Old 09-10-2009, 06:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Its also dynojet numbers....slightly high numbers compared to a mustang dyno.
#28 Old 09-10-2009, 08:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Its also dynojet numbers....slightly high numbers compared to a mustang dyno.
well on a mustang dyno its gotta still be above 300 if he's puttin down 336