Gotta Love Anniversaries - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 03-30-2010, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

busker is an unknown
Talking Gotta Love Anniversaries

So my wife and I celebrated our anniversary on the 18th and on the 20th she approached me and asked what parts I would like to order for my new wrx... So once i was complete shes like Ok go ahead and order it ALL.... So I ordered an Ingalls pitch mount, rear diff bushings, kartboy short shifter, Invidia up pipe, invidia divorced catless down pipe, invidia N1 Race cat back, Apexi filter, Tein S-Tech Springs, Cobb AP, kart boy shifter bushings front and rear. I had the Perrin front mount intercooler on there as well but she said maybe the Easter Bunny will drop that one off. Ill be uploading pictures as soon as she gets back. Ive already installed the cat back, short shifter, the AP, shifter bushings and diff bushings. I am heading to the dyno on the 1st so Ill install everything else just before then.

Last edited by busker; 04-03-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: made a date mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-30-2010, 09:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Well first off happy anniversary.... Hopefully my wife will be that cool on our 1 year. I have bought just about everything on my list though so it's not like I can get all those goodies.

Only things I can really add/comment to are to add some engine/tranny mounts to the list the stock ones can get mushy once you start pushing the power. Think about a larger TMIC rather than FMIC unless you're absolutely looking for the look of an fmic and plan on going with a bigger turbo down the line. Careful with the springs, they drop the car but also drop the performance of the suspension from most accounts. Also, depending on how the tune is, pump/injectors.

-Chris
post #3 of 11 Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

busker is an unknown
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry Im horrible with a cam the wifey is the one with the cam skills
post #4 of 11 Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

busker is an unknown
yea once Im able to upgrade the turbo Ill be working with deatchworks injectors and a walboro 255. Ive modded plenty of cars before hand so I have a real strong background
post #5 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 01:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx1398 is an unknown
Nice another local haha nice setup and happy anniversary! you should come cruz with us locals every saturday night
post #6 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

busker is an unknown
Yea def sounds like a plan I just got off of revolutions dyno yesterday Ill be uploading my sheet when I get back I spun them to 241 and 273. Where do y'all meet
post #7 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 08:52 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tim620X is an unknown
Let us know how you like the short shifter... I keep wanting to get one but then I'm not too sure because I've heard on our car it makes it really hard to get into gear.
post #8 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

busker is an unknown
Hey Tim, thats not the case at all man, the only thing that sucks is getting the shifter into place,the ball on the end is larger then the OEM one so it goes in real hard. I actually ended up breaking 2 lil white pieces of plastic where the ball sits, but its not really a big deal and it shifts much easier and much much shorter
post #9 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 10:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Tim620X is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by busker View Post
Hey Tim, thats not the case at all man, the only thing that sucks is getting the shifter into place,the ball on the end is larger then the OEM one so it goes in real hard. I actually ended up breaking 2 lil white pieces of plastic where the ball sits, but its not really a big deal and it shifts much easier and much much shorter
You broke those peices during install or while driving?!
post #10 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 10:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Most likely during install. I greased the ball, hit the shifter once with a deadblow mallet and it popped right in. If it's not going in lube it up.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
post #11 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

busker is an unknown
it was during the install.... for some reason it was just ridiculously tight...