• 1 Post By BLAZE2099
  • 1 Post By NeverSummer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 12-07-2013, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Forge BPV Awareness

So I am not writing this to bash anyone or Forge. I understand that not everything can be perfect when being manufactured, I was one of the unfortunate unlucky ones. I am writing this as an informative thread to other members that may have boost leaks, and/or to inspect the product when you receive it as best you can.

I've had the Forge BPV for a few months now. Occasionally I would hear the screeching sound you get when you pinch the end of the balloon and let the air out. I first had swapped the IC to TB hose out because that had leaked once before. Which it was probably one of the factors because the end of the stock hose had a crimp in it. I replaced that with a silicone hose. Occasionally still hearing the leak. So I took it to my local performance shop who did a boost leak test and immediately found the issue. The leak was coming from the BPV at the base of the cylinder where it connects to the flange. I took the car home pulled it off and put the stock BPV on until I get a new one. I have posted some pictures of the BPV and what I found to be the problem. After I got the BPV off I closely looked at where it was leaking and there is actually a gap where the two parts meet. So it was leaking the entire time, I may not have heard it every time because the gap was big enough where the air could pretty freely flow out. Other times I think the air pinched the o-ring in it to cause the screech because the gap was made smaller. Mind you I have never taken it apart from where it was leaking either and it was leaking from the day I put it on, so it wasn't user error.

Hopefully this helps someone out there. As I stated previously, this wasn't meant to bash anyone or Forge just wanted to create some awareness to others. There are plenty of people that run this product that have no issues.
Attached Images

Nathan21 likes this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-07-2013, 09:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
Geese that's a big hole, seems like a quality control issue on forges end. Any manufacturer can have the occasional failure though. If that's not fixable, I would contact forge to see if they can help you out.
the RIOT act likes this.

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5
post #3 of 12 Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Yup I already emailed Forge and the place I bought it from. Hopefully I hear back sometime next week. It will be interesting to see what will be done, if anything.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
post #4 of 12 Old 12-07-2013, 11:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Haw1es is more helpful than not
Garage
That's good, from the photos it clearly shows that the o-ring either failed or was installed incorrectly.I hope they help you out!

Shane
2010 WRX
2003 Jetta 2.5
post #5 of 12 Old 12-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

the RIOT act is more helpful than not
Garage
Yeah that kinda stuff happens with anything aftermarket occasionally. I'm positive they'll help you out with a replacement. Don't lose faith in Forge though Andy. I've had mine on for a year and a half with no issues of any kind.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
arewmors likes this.

Brandon - 13' SWP WRX Sedan
post #6 of 12 Old 12-07-2013, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
That looks like a bad defect.

Forge will take care of you I'm sure.

Good catch though
arewmors likes this.

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #7 of 12 Old 12-08-2013, 11:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I'll give ya ten bucks for it
Haw1es likes this.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
post #8 of 12 Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
I'll give ya ten bucks for it
Fol. Will see Randy. It depends if they want it back for the warranty.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
post #9 of 12 Old 12-08-2013, 01:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

NeverSummer is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
Fol. Will see Randy. It depends if they want it back for the warranty.
They will prob give you another once you send that one back. Then you can resell the new one

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
arewmors likes this.
post #10 of 12 Old 01-05-2014, 05:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

Pakal13 is an unknown
Sorry for the bump, but wondering what the end result was.

I have the same in my '12 WRX for 4 or so months now, no issues at all and very happy with it; just curious if Forge resolved things to your liking or not?

Thanks -
post #11 of 12 Old 01-05-2014, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

Garage
I contacted forge and they had me contact the company I purchased it from. I contacted the company and they were working with forge for a warranty, and the part to be sent straight back to forge. In the process I had the company send me a grimmspeed electronic boost control solenoid in place of the forge as I wanted one since I was going for a protune since it needs to be tuned for. The solenoid isn't as much as the bpv so I still should be getting some money back. I am currently awaiting information from the company. If I don't hear back soon, I will be contacting them to see the progress of the warranty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
post #12 of 12 Old 01-05-2014, 08:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

Pakal13 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
I contacted forge and they had me contact the company I purchased it from. I contacted the company and they were working with forge for a warranty, and the part to be sent straight back to forge. In the process I had the company send me a grimmspeed electronic boost control solenoid in place of the forge as I wanted one since I was going for a protune since it needs to be tuned for. The solenoid isn't as much as the bpv so I still should be getting some money back. I am currently awaiting information from the company. If I don't hear back soon, I will be contacting them to see the progress of the warranty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks for the quick reply - good luck with, and enjoy the Grimmspeed EBCS and the protune!