Extended Upgrade for WRX 2.5 2008 400HP - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 07-15-2010, 10:19 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Mode Racing makes a short shifter just like Cobbs. Get Kartboy bushings for the shifter. The headers usually need the STI oil pan if I recall correctly. And the only other thing I see tha I can help with is the Perrin BPV. Idk if the 08+ are the same as the 02-07, but if it is, its garbage. I ran one for awhile, I had nothing but problems with it. For the price of it the quality isnt near what should be or is worth. I would check into GFB (Go Fast Bits), TurboSmart, Cobb XLE BOV instead of teh Perrin unit.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-16-2010, 12:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
The Perrin BPV appears to be the same as the 07 model according to pictures and description in their website, now i changed to Coob XLE.

Added:

Mode Racing Double Adjustable Short Shifter (08-09 WRX) [MODE-0016] - $???

Kartboy 5-Speed Shifter Bushing Combo, KB-003-5COMB - $???

Now I need to look for information about the ELH and Oil Pan, what do I need to change, is there anyone that knows exactly what is changed with this mod?
Thank you.
#33 Old 07-16-2010, 12:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

New package list

IHI VF52 Turbo(14411AA800) - $1215

Perrin LGT/08 WRX Silver TMIC(PSP-ENG-320SL) - $800

Cobb XLE BPV 724650 Subaru Impreza WRX 2008-2009 - $??

K&N 08-09 WRX/STi Typhoon Short Ram Intake(69-8004TTK) - $260

TurboXS 2008+ WRX 5dr Catless Turboback Exhaust (W08H-TBE-RP) - $???

DeatschWerks Top Feed 1200cc set of 4 EJ20/EJ25, WRX 02+ - $???

Walbro 255lph HP Fuel Pump - $70

SPT Subaru WRX STI Turbo Heat Shield 08-10 - $75

Perrin 04-08 STi /LGT/FXT/06-08 WRX (06+ WRX requires modification to oil cooler) Header - $730

Mode Racing Double Adjustable Short Shifter (08-09 WRX) [MODE-0016] - $???

Kartboy 5-Speed Shifter Bushing Combo, KB-003-5COMB - $

Kartboy Exhaust Hanger Set of 5 , KB-011-LEG Impreza (PINK) - $???

Whiteline 08+ Subaru WRX Hatch / 08-09 Subaru STi Front Lower control arm anti-dive caster kit(KCA334) - $100

Whiteline 08+ Subaru WRX Hatch / 08-09 Subaru STi Rear Diff Mount Inserts positive power kit(KDT903) - $30

Whiteline 05-08 Subaru Legacy GT / 08+ Subaru WRX Hatch / 08-09 Subaru STi Front H/duty steer rack bushes(KSR207) - $52

BC Racing BR Series Coilovers - $915

Perrin LGT/08 WRX 25mm Adjustable Front Sway Bar(PSP-SUS-121) - $158

Perrin 08+ WRX / 08+ STi 22mm Rear Swaybar(PSP-SUS-232) - $165

Perrin WRX/STI/LGT Front Endlinks(PSP-SUS-110) - $130

GrimmSpeed Electronic Boost Solenoid - $100

Kartboy Pitch Stopper - $105

Subaru 02-07 WRX & STi Group N Motor Mounts - $140

Whiteline Rear Subframe to Chassis Bushings for 08+ Subaru WRX & STi(W0598) - $45

Not found yet:

- PERRIN Rear Endlinks
- Kartboy Rear Shifter Mount
- Wheel Spacers
- Pro.Drive 18" wheels and tires.
- STI Group N Transmission Mount
- Exedy Subaru WRX OEM Replacement Clutch 06-10.
- Oil Filter
- fuel pressure regulator (do I need to change?)
- Turbo Inlet Hose LGT/08+ WRX PSP-INT-420BK (do I need?)
- Gates Racing Performance Timing Belt 08 + Subaru WRX / Sti
- Perrin Shorty Antennas (2008 WRX/STi)
- Gates Racing Performance Alternator & Power Steering Belt 08 + WRX / STi
- Grimmspeed Subaru 160 degree Thermostat
- Brakes
#34 Old 07-16-2010, 02:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
- DeatschWerks Top Feed 1200cc set of 4 EJ20/EJ25, WRX 02+
- BC Racing BR Series Coilovers - $915
- PERRIN Rear Endlinks
- Wheel Spacers
Those injectors are EXTREME overkill. The next 2 parts are both junk. The wheel spacers are a bad idea in general and should not be done.

Also, you don't need the FPR, timing and accessory belts. The rest of the list looks reasonable. You will need to add engine management and gauges (boost gauge at minimum) as well.

Prodrive wheels are going to be hard to find. I can't speak for South America, but in North America all remaining Prodrive stock is just leftovers that haven't been sold yet. If you're stuck on a set of their wheels, you're probably gonna have to import them from Europe.
#35 Old 07-16-2010, 08:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Unless your clutch is starting to slip you also don't need an oem replacement clutch. The injectors I would say 1000cc maximum if you want to run E85 or go big down the road. In that case, stick with injector dynamics, they have some of the best idling 1000cc's I've ever seen. If you don't have big plans or think you'll do E85 (do they even have that there?), 750cc's is plenty.

-Chris
#36 Old 07-16-2010, 10:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

Hi, do you suggest DELTA UTEC Engine Management - Part No. DELTA-003 ?

PERRIN Rear Endlinks

Why BC Coilovers are not good? Do you recommend Eibach complete kit or Bilstein? I like BC because they have adjustment, is there any other in the same price range?
Want for Perrin RE, do you recommend any other?

Thank you.
#37 Old 07-16-2010, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Unless your clutch is starting to slip you also don't need an oem replacement clutch. The injectors I would say 1000cc maximum if you want to run E85 or go big down the road. In that case, stick with injector dynamics, they have some of the best idling 1000cc's I've ever seen. If you don't have big plans or think you'll do E85 (do they even have that there?), 750cc's is plenty.
Hi, the clutch is not slipping but I will buy more 2 sets for spares when I need it.

The car are going to run E100, we have plenty ethanol here and it is cheap... like 103-110 octanes.

It was suggested 1200cc to me because the high flow, are you sure that 1000cc can handle E100?

Thank you!!

Rodrigo
#38 Old 07-16-2010, 10:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Definitely... My tuner is running e85 on his sti and only sees 66% idc's.

-Chris
#39 Old 07-16-2010, 05:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoferrari View Post
Hi, do you suggest DELTA UTEC Engine Management - Part No. DELTA-003 ?

PERRIN Rear Endlinks

Why BC Coilovers are not good? Do you recommend Eibach complete kit or Bilstein? I like BC because they have adjustment, is there any other in the same price range?
Want for Perrin RE, do you recommend any other?

Thank you.
Get Kartboy endlinks. As for engine management, if you're e-tuning (are there any local Subaru tuners where you are?) you should get an Accessport or a laptop and and a Tactrix cable. The only e-tuner who tunes UTEC that I know of (Clark Tuner) is a hack. And if you are e-tuning you will need a wideband O2 sensor.

As for coilovers, IMHO the budget models (ones less than ~$1,500 USD) aren't worth their weight in dirt. If you're spending that much, you might as well spend a little more and get something better.

You should be fine with 750cc injectors. If you want a little extra room, 850s.
#40 Old 07-16-2010, 06:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Get Kartboy endlinks. As for engine management, if you're e-tuning (are there any local Subaru tuners where you are?) you should get an Accessport or a laptop and and a Tactrix cable. The only e-tuner who tunes UTEC that I know of (Clark Tuner) is a hack. And if you are e-tuning you will need a wideband O2 sensor.

As for coilovers, IMHO the budget models (ones less than ~$1,500 USD) aren't worth their weight in dirt. If you're spending that much, you might as well spend a little more and get something better.

You should be fine with 750cc injectors. If you want a little extra room, 850s.
Will be the Tactrix, already bought..
How much would cost a UTEC tuning? Is it really important for the mods that I'm going to do?

I will not use in dirt, only street and highway at high speed, do you recommend any?

I'm little concerned about Injectors, I have suggestions for DW and Dynamic... which one would be better? I want the car with OEM behavior, idling... and so on..

Thank you.
#41 Old 07-16-2010, 08:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Get the GT Spec headers...The Perrin headers are crap. Bad welds and thin metal.

GT Spec ELH vs Perrin ELH......

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#42 Old 07-16-2010, 11:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

OEM idling= Injector Dynamics.

-Chris
#43 Old 07-17-2010, 12:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoferrari View Post
Will be the Tactrix, already bought..
How much would cost a UTEC tuning? Is it really important for the mods that I'm going to do?

I will not use in dirt, only street and highway at high speed, do you recommend any?

I'm little concerned about Injectors, I have suggestions for DW and Dynamic... which one would be better? I want the car with OEM behavior, idling... and so on..

Thank you.
UTEC tuning generally costs the same as the rest of the options. And for the mods you have, some method of tuning is 100% required.

And when I said that cheap coilovers "aren't worth their weight in dirt" I meant that they are worthless ("worth less than their weight in dirt"). As for recommendations, it might be worth your time to email or call Racecomp Engineering or Turn-In-Concepts (they are the best shops when it comes to Subaru suspension work in the US) and ask them what they recommend based on how much you're wanting to spend.

DW injectors are simply modified stock injectors. I don't know much about Injector Dynamics honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Get the GT Spec headers...The Perrin headers are crap. Bad welds and thin metal.

GT Spec ELH vs Perrin ELH......
The last thing GT Spec is know for making well is headers. They are notorious for cracking. Perrins are generally regarded as better than average (compared to the other alternatives).
#44 Old 07-19-2010, 11:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Some of you like Perrin ELH and others likes GTSpec... what should I do??

Will both options work well?

Both need oil pan modification?
#45 Old 07-20-2010, 07:21 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
If you looked at Perrin Performance - Welcome you'd see that 2008+ models do not require the oil pan modification under the compatiabilty note. I doubt the GT Specs need the modification either. Which all that mod is on the 06-07 WRXs was changing the pan to a STI pan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
The last thing GT Spec is know for making well is headers. They are notorious for cracking. Perrins are generally regarded as better than average (compared to the other alternatives).
Thats what she said. I don't know man. My tuner has been telling me that the Perrin headers are junk and from the pictures that member put up. I'd have to say that the GT Spec header look a lot more quality than the perrin headers the other member has on his car.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae