Extended Upgrade for WRX 2.5 2008 400HP - Subaru WRX Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-01-2010, 03:17 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
rodrigoferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South America
Posts: 37
rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
Extended Upgrade for WRX 2.5 2008 400HP

Hi all.

I just bought a WRX 2.5 230HP with 2k miles, year 2008.

I would like to push more than 350-400 HP from it.

Is there any complete kit ready to buy in the market?

As I don't know much about everything I need I would like to ask you all to get some help.

I would like to upgrade Turbo, to Forge the entire engine, upgrade fuel pump, upgrade clutch systema and everythin else like all eletronics that I'll need like boost controllers and timers, exhaust and so on...

Is there someone that can help me to buy a complete kit to upgrade my car?

I already upgraded a Golf GTI in 2001 to 340HP but now I will do it on a Subaru by myself with a friend that worked in Subaru for many years, he know about OEM engine but we don't know what to buy. This car will be with me for collection, I'll not sell it, will be my weekend toy so I want to expend my free time to do a nice and clean job and to have a powerfull car to ride fast and safe, without exploding anything. I think to spend 10k on parts.

Thank you.

Rodrigo Ferrari
rodrigoferrari is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 Old 07-01-2010, 03:19 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
rodrigoferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South America
Posts: 37
rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
Transmission

And about the transmission, can handle 400HP?
rodrigoferrari is offline  
#3 Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 31
Ducks is an unknown
Rallitek makes a great kit. It will get you to 375hp and 400tq. check out Subaru Performance Parts Impreza WRX STi Legacy Forester
Ducks is offline  
#4 Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Moderator
 
newtothegame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,493
Images: 4
newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Transmission alone will cost in the neighborhood of 6K either with a built 5spd or an STI 6spd swap.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
newtothegame is offline  
#5 Old 07-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Moderator
 
mosc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,478
Images: 7
mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
If you want to make 400whp and actually drive the thing, sell your WRX and buy an STi. Upgrade the interals, slap on a GT30R and supporting mods, and call it a day.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
mosc is offline  
#6 Old 07-01-2010, 01:56 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
06f250sd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 66
06f250sd is an unknown
Rodrigo, do you want 400 crank hp or whp? Have you ever driven a 300+whp all wheel drive car? If I were you I would put a vf-52 on, a downpipe and cat back (if you wanted) and flash to a 09 wrx stage 2 map. That should put out around 300whp on 91 pump gas, if you have higher octane where your at, you'll make more power.
06f250sd is offline  
#7 Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South America
Posts: 7
baracat is an unknown
Cara, voce é brasileiro com certeza.
Tenho um WRX 08 230 tambem, vai com calma nas modificacoes porque a Subaru daqui é uma bosta com relacao a garantias e reparos, mesmo eu só levando meu carro em oficinas especializadas como a Frison. Nossa gasolina também é bem ruim comparada com a dos gringos e, inevitavelmente, os mapas pros carros deles vao ficar bem diferentes dos mapas pros nossos carros.
Se eu pudesse te dar um conselho, iria procurar uma oficina de tuning seria, com gente que entende do assunto, afinal, um WRX 08 não é um carro exatamente barato para se brincar.
Comece com um catback, ou se vc nao quiser gastar muito, comece com um filtro K&N lembrando que sempre é ideal tunar seu carro a cada modificacao inserida.
Qualquer coisa me manda PM, abraco!
baracat is offline  
#8 Old 07-01-2010, 05:51 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
If you want to make 400whp and actually drive the thing, sell your WRX and buy an STi. Upgrade the interals, slap on a GT30R and supporting mods, and call it a day.
yes, spend 10k more on the car and another 10k in parts, instead of just 10k on his car.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
#9 Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
synolimit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,415
synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigoferrari View Post
Hi all.

I just bought a WRX 2.5 230HP with 2k miles, year 2008.

I would like to push more than 350-400 HP from it.

Is there any complete kit ready to buy in the market?

As I don't know much about everything I need I would like to ask you all to get some help.

I would like to upgrade Turbo, to Forge the entire engine, upgrade fuel pump, upgrade clutch systema and everythin else like all eletronics that I'll need like boost controllers and timers, exhaust and so on...

Is there someone that can help me to buy a complete kit to upgrade my car?

I already upgraded a Golf GTI in 2001 to 340HP but now I will do it on a Subaru by myself with a friend that worked in Subaru for many years, he know about OEM engine but we don't know what to buy. This car will be with me for collection, I'll not sell it, will be my weekend toy so I want to expend my free time to do a nice and clean job and to have a powerfull car to ride fast and safe, without exploding anything. I think to spend 10k on parts.

Thank you.

Rodrigo Ferrari
you should be searching for this stuff but...

start out parts wise slow and work your way up, see if you want 350-400 in the first place. but you will need the following for sure, and you can buy a kit or buy the parts you want instead of all one companies stuff.

turbo-1300-1900
injectors-400
pump-80
EL header-650-750
UP-180-200
DP-250-400
CBE-500-900
3-port boost controler-100
a metal BPV or hybid-200
FMIC-1000-1500
CAI-170-300
1 step colder plugs-40

that will get you 350hp no prob with no motor or tanny work as long as you drive it for nice sprints, not red lining every light, trying to do burnouts and being dumb.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
synolimit is offline  
#10 Old 07-01-2010, 06:58 PM
WRXtuners Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 454
Images: 1
VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by baracat View Post
Cara, voce é brasileiro com certeza.
Tenho um WRX 08 230 tambem, vai com calma nas modificacoes porque a Subaru daqui é uma bosta com relacao a garantias e reparos, mesmo eu só levando meu carro em oficinas especializadas como a Frison. Nossa gasolina também é bem ruim comparada com a dos gringos e, inevitavelmente, os mapas pros carros deles vao ficar bem diferentes dos mapas pros nossos carros.
Se eu pudesse te dar um conselho, iria procurar uma oficina de tuning seria, com gente que entende do assunto, afinal, um WRX 08 não é um carro exatamente barato para se brincar.
Comece com um catback, ou se vc nao quiser gastar muito, comece com um filtro K&N lembrando que sempre é ideal tunar seu carro a cada modificacao inserida.
Qualquer coisa me manda PM, abraco!
For people wondering what this says this is pretty close:
Nice to see another Brazilian.

I have a WRX 08 230 too. Go easy on the modifications because the Subaru here sucks on warranties and repairs, even if I just take my car to specialized workshops like Frison. Our gasoline is also bad compared to the gringos, and inevitably, the best maps for their cars will be different from the best maps for our cars.
If I could give you some advice, you should look for a good tuning shop with people knowledgable on the subject. After all, an 08 WRX is not exactly a cheap car to play with.
Start with a catback, or if you do not want to spend much, start with a K&N filter and always remember to tune after each part you install.

I'm sure well talk in PMs, hug!


Not sure how this makes sense since the OP appears to be in Florida. Anyway, I think an STi is definitely an easier platform to start from if you want to make a safe 400whp with just boltons, but I also think that you might be happy with less than 400whp unless all you are concerned with is the number. Driving a wrx around town with that much power would definitely be fun.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
VisiX is offline  
#11 Old 07-02-2010, 01:05 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
rodrigoferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South America
Posts: 37
rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06f250sd View Post
Rodrigo, do you want 400 crank hp or whp? Have you ever driven a 300+whp all wheel drive car? If I were you I would put a vf-52 on, a downpipe and cat back (if you wanted) and flash to a 09 wrx stage 2 map. That should put out around 300whp on 91 pump gas, if you have higher octane where your at, you'll make more power.


I had a Audi S4 2007, V8, 4x4, 340HP, not so fun like WRX.
rodrigoferrari is offline  
#12 Old 07-02-2010, 01:06 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
rodrigoferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South America
Posts: 37
rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
Quote:
Originally Posted by baracat View Post
Cara, voce é brasileiro com certeza.
Tenho um WRX 08 230 tambem, vai com calma nas modificacoes porque a Subaru daqui é uma bosta com relacao a garantias e reparos, mesmo eu só levando meu carro em oficinas especializadas como a Frison. Nossa gasolina também é bem ruim comparada com a dos gringos e, inevitavelmente, os mapas pros carros deles vao ficar bem diferentes dos mapas pros nossos carros.
Se eu pudesse te dar um conselho, iria procurar uma oficina de tuning seria, com gente que entende do assunto, afinal, um WRX 08 não é um carro exatamente barato para se brincar.
Comece com um catback, ou se vc nao quiser gastar muito, comece com um filtro K&N lembrando que sempre é ideal tunar seu carro a cada modificacao inserida.
Qualquer coisa me manda PM, abraco!
Cara, tenho oficina e mecanicos de preparacao a disposição, quero eu fazer junto com eles e ir aprendendo, comprei esse carro só pra isso. O que já fez no seu? Me add no msn.

rmf@rmf.com.br

Valeu.
rodrigoferrari is offline  
#13 Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
rodrigoferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South America
Posts: 37
rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
yes, spend 10k more on the car and another 10k in parts, instead of just 10k on his car.

I speak from Brazil, a brand new 2010 WRX non-Sti cost like US$ 55,000.00

For my used WRX '08 I paid like US$ 48,000.00 with 2k miles.

The STI costs like 110k USD.

Here in Brazil, when you want a car, you need to buy one and gift two as gift to the government.
rodrigoferrari is offline  
#14 Old 07-02-2010, 01:16 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
rodrigoferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South America
Posts: 37
rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
you should be searching for this stuff but...

start out parts wise slow and work your way up, see if you want 350-400 in the first place. but you will need the following for sure, and you can buy a kit or buy the parts you want instead of all one companies stuff.

turbo-1300-1900
injectors-400
pump-80
EL header-650-750
UP-180-200
DP-250-400
CBE-500-900
3-port boost controler-100
a metal BPV or hybid-200
FMIC-1000-1500
CAI-170-300
1 step colder plugs-40

that will get you 350hp no prob with no motor or tanny work as long as you drive it for nice sprints, not red lining every light, trying to do burnouts and being dumb.
Hi, don't worry about the price, those values that you sent are compatible with my budget.

I want to upgrade my car at once to last forever is possible. I want a daily use car that I can drive fast without looking to annoying hallmeter lights, if possible, i don't want hallmeter at all, would be all eletronic and independent controlled by ECU and Addons.

If you can write a list of most bolt-on products that I can buy to fit my WRX '08 at once will be nice.

Remember, our gas in Brazil has 25% alcohol or more... our gas have no quality at all when compare to US, so I can't use all potential of the upgrade and the ECU and others eletronics must know that and work accordily.

Should be a car that my granpa can drive without any fear to crash or broke down on the street.

Here in Brazil we don't have all stuffs and nice parts you have in US, we need to import everything in a burocratic and expensive way. So, I'm planing to travel again to Miami just to buy those parts.

My main concern is the transmission, clutch, pistons and rods working with 350HP.

Thank you for the help.


Rodrigo.
rodrigoferrari is offline  
#15 Old 07-02-2010, 01:28 AM
WRXtuners Member
 
rodrigoferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South America
Posts: 37
rodrigoferrari is an unknown
Send a message via MSN to rodrigoferrari
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisiX View Post
For people wondering what this says this is pretty close:
Nice to see another Brazilian.

I have a WRX 08 230 too. Go easy on the modifications because the Subaru here sucks on warranties and repairs, even if I just take my car to specialized workshops like Frison. Our gasoline is also bad compared to the gringos, and inevitably, the best maps for their cars will be different from the best maps for our cars.
If I could give you some advice, you should look for a good tuning shop with people knowledgable on the subject. After all, an 08 WRX is not exactly a cheap car to play with.
Start with a catback, or if you do not want to spend much, start with a K&N filter and always remember to tune after each part you install.

I'm sure well talk in PMs, hug!


Not sure how this makes sense since the OP appears to be in Florida. Anyway, I think an STi is definitely an easier platform to start from if you want to make a safe 400whp with just boltons, but I also think that you might be happy with less than 400whp unless all you are concerned with is the number. Driving a wrx around town with that much power would definitely be fun.

Hi, appear Florida because I have home in Miami and I travel a lot to US, so it is easy to use my US address.

I need to work with the WRX that I have know, the car has 2k miles, brand new and very nice, in US is just a regular car but here in Brazil.... is a desire... a dream for 99% people, beside that, it is a expensive car here...

Just to understand about prices, I had a 300C SRT8.... in Brazil the transmission mount cost US$ 900 and in US costs US$ 34.... can you imagine how expensive is just a brake pad for Subaru??

For my equivalent Pontiac G8 here in Brazil the rear pads costs like 450 dollars, in US it costs 70 dollars....

That is why we need so much help from U.S. forums and people that have access to all those products to show us the better way to go, we can't make mistakes when upgrading a car, we can't go to the nerest shop to buy a new transmission in the same day like a US costumer can do. We pay 100% taxes over everything we import, including taxes over the shipping cost too!!!

Thank you all for the help, I just want to start buying all parts to begin this nice project, a WRX with 350HP.

Rodrigo.
rodrigoferrari is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On