Subaru WRX Forum banner

Exhaust Question

5K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  horrorbiz 
#1 ·
Allright so before anyone gets mad I did look around and didn't find anything that really helped me.
I Just got my 2013 WRX Hatch two days ago and would like my exhaust to be a lil louder, and deeper.
I absolutely love the car but I miss the exhaust I had on my trade it... I want to be able to hear it ALOT more even when the windows are down I feel like I can't really hear the exhaust. I'm not loking to delete the cat, or the muffler either so what are your suggestions? Please keep in mind its a hatch which seems to give me trouble where ever I look, I guess most sites I have looked at only have exhaust for the sedans. :( Lastly I am not looking to cut a few inches out of the exhaust that I get to "modify" for the hatch. haha

#3 ·
You say you wouldn't want to get rid of the cat or muffler but why is that? The cheapest solution in my opinion is to get some nameless axelback muffler deletes (they do come with ones that have smaller mufflers as well) or get a new downpipe (catted or catless). Its the cheapest solution rather than spending over $1000 on a catback. Plus a new downpipe will give you performance satisfaction as well.

Just my .2

#9 ·
Why not get the SPT exhaust. It's hard to prove you modified the exhaust if you are using a Subaru part that can be ordered with the car.

It has a really nice tone that is significantly louder than stock but not so obnoxious your neighbors will hate you.

#10 ·
That's not a 100% but arguing that it was a factory option would likely help if he gets in trouble for it. Some SPT exhausts are sold with an "off-road use only" disclaimer. People complain that the SPT drones really bad though. Buying an exhaust for a hatchback is going to be difficult simply because droning is much worse on them than on sedans.

#11 ·
granted I haven't heard it iin person the SPT doesn't sound like much of an improvement at all. maybe I'm just crazy. And I really don't care about drone I just want to be able to hear the cars deep rumble at idle, and when I step on it a lil bit... Give the car some soul. haha

#13 ·
So to ask the question again, the exhaust on the 13 has not changed since the 2010 has it? No one answered my orginal question. I am looking at getting this exhaust... I am actually sitting in checkout waiting to hit submit, but I don't want to get it if its not going to fit. haha

YouTube

#16 ·
Any 08+ STI hatch exhaust will fit without a problem. I am currently running the Perrin single tip exhaust on my 2011. I didn't really care for the 4 pipes coming off of the back of the car. The sound is amazing—it's quiet when I need it to be and sounds great when I get on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.