exhaust opinions on 09 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 07-21-2011, 12:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

tommelleo22 is an unknown
exhaust opinions on 09 wrx

just bought my 09 wrx 3 days ago. love the car! but want it truly sound like a subaru. The first mods on a wrx as i read should be a downpipe and a tune. i'm looking into a downpipe and tune as soon as i find one that is a good brand so that's why i figured id ask. was looking at invidia and seems to be well liked but is it worth the price? and with a downpipe can i expect a bit more bark out of my exhaust or do i have to go with a cat back or another type of system setup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-21-2011, 01:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

kcwrxfan is an unknown
How many miles? so your planning on pretty much going to go to stage 2? There are alot of options, depending on what you really want in terms of power and sound. Not sure on here, but just search for things, I know on Club wrx they have listed as sticky's everything you just asked, im sure it is here too, someoen also has thread of all exhausts and sounds too. good luck.
#3 Old 07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Not sure how this got posted in this thread. My apologizes...

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...

Last edited by psinuse; 07-21-2011 at 04:16 PM. Reason: herp derp moment.
#4 Old 07-21-2011, 04:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

24,000 wrx fan and i've read everything and searched. i just was wondering what kind of sound i can expect out of a downpipe with stock exhaust. and when i tried searching i only found guys that were putting complete systems on not downpipe only sound results and performance wise. and as far as power goes im looking for most possible like everyone else lol and i'm not a member on clubwrx i'm going to have to join. and what's all done to your 11?
#5 Old 07-21-2011, 08:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It opens up the flow of the exhaust a bit. Which will change the sound some. But, its not as much of a difference as what the Catback will make. I ran my car with a DP only for about a week.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae

Last edited by turmic; 07-22-2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Poor Grammar
#6 Old 07-22-2011, 02:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

ya turmic that's what i was looking for. because if not i didn't want to buy DP only and have high hopes. i'd rather do it all at once