egt gauge installation help 2011 wrx,help! - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-28-2010, 10:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

2010hatch is an unknown
egt gauge installation help 2011 wrx,help!

guys just bought the skysluster dual pod waiting for it to come in, i want to install a boost gauge and EGT gauge, how do i install or where do i install the sensor for the EGT on a stock header system? this is a 2011 wrx premium. i had nstalled one on my 2004 focus svt turbo, but the mounting location was in the turbo header already, please help?

do i have to weld a bung into the stock header and which cylinder runs hottest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-22-2011, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

cloudywater is an unknown
Quote:
autometer egt

Auto Meter is pleased to introduce new 2 5/8” Diameter gauges for the popular Cobalt, Sport-Comp II, Phantom II, and Ultra-Lite II series instruments. New larger size incorporates Hi-Def Through the Dial LED illumination and lit pointers that have made these lines proven favorites with racers and performance enthusiasts alike allowing for at a glance readings and improved size and type selection to build the perfect instrumentation set for your vehicle. Available in Short Sweep Electric, Full Sweep Mechanical, and Full Sweep Stepper Motor Electric with integrated Peak Recall and Programmable Alarm LED provide for all budgets and performance requirements. Look for hot rod and muscle car favorites such as Vacuum Gauges and15 psi Fuel Pressure for tuning carbureted applications, as well as traditional Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, Voltage Gauges, and many more performance favorites to help keep tabs your vehicle’s critical performance parameters.
Check out the autometer site for more details.
#3 Old 01-22-2011, 11:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
You need to get the manifold tapped for the 1/8 ntp thread of the sensor. Mine is tapped on the drivers side, but I think your hottest cyl is number three.

-Chris