Subaru WRX Forum banner

DP and heat blanket

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
Thinking of replacing my stock DP (13 WRX hatch) with the Cobb DP. Im curious if the stock heat blanket will fit on the larger Cobb DP. Is an up graded heat blanket advisable in this situation?

#2 ·
I am not 100% sure, ill try to do some digging.

First thing that comes to mind, do you already have an Accessport?
You are def going to need a tune once you put a DP on your car.

If you don't care about inspection, make sure you go Un Catted.
If you care about inspection, get catted.. you just won't make as much power when you get tuned.

#3 ·
The stock one will work with some simple modification. Here is a link of a easy DIY stock heat shield mod. I know myself and another forum member did this and followed this link before for a guide. Save yourself some money with this. I too have a cobb dp which worked fine with the mod.
Most aftermarket heat heat shields are more for looks than function.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-ins...tock-turbo-heat-shield-fit-bell-mouth-dp.html

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ

#4 ·
The Cobb AP is already in the mail, and I would prefere a catted DP. (Heard about boost spikes occuring with non-catted) Looking at cobb's heat shield seems a decent way to go as I don't really care to deal with modding my stock one to fit the bellmouth. Im more concerned about heat soak from the cobb DP.

#5 ·
Yes catted dp is the way to go.
Cobb heat shield will be close to useless then if you're concerned about heat soak. You would be better off going with a modified stock heat shield IMO. The Cobb shield is more for looks than protecting from heat.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.