Downpipe suggestions - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rexsedan09 is an unknown
Downpipe suggestions

Ive made the decision that I'm going to go stage 2 and was hoping you guys could give me some input on a downpipe for my 09. Cars basically stock other than a cbe. Im planning on going catless because unspection isnt a big deal. Bellmouth or diverted? Sorry if this is posted somewhere else. Thanks Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
No cat needed, go Crawford 329 bucks. Inspection was a must for me so I chose harman motive. My close buddy is staying here in ak, no emission laws or even a decible rating, he chose Crawford and is very pleased.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rexsedan09 is an unknown
Thanks alot. How much does the cat cut down on sound and performance? I've heard it doesn't change much for performance. Or atleast not much you would notice. Does the crawford flow as good as other DPs? Doesn't look like it's a full 3" all the way through.
post #4 of 11 Old 11-15-2010, 10:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Invidia catless, $255 and perfect! full 3" perfect fit and huge flanges and great welds.

sound-it doesnt cut down on db's but it changes the pitch but only at WOT above like 5k where i noticed.

performance- i picked up 7hp top end and 600-700rpm faster spool when i took off my Perrin catted for my catless. will you be able to feel this?? no not really! but for $200+ more for a catted DP, no thank you!

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #5 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 12:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

Red wrx 10 is an unknown
He's right invidia has alot of followers as well, several people i know are running them and have great things to say. Take your time do your research. Plenty of soundclips on YouTube. As well as dyno figures. My advice is plan a few steps ahead. After the purchase of my dp I decided I would rather go rotated. Just food for thought might save ya some money.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rexsedan09 is an unknown
How much do you have to trim down the diverter? Any sugestions for this? Thanks alot for the help guys. Ill llet you know how it goes.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rexsedan09 is an unknown
If I've got the money what do you guys think about Perrin? I know it's catted but I'm just thinking about smell.
post #8 of 11 Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

i dont think you can buy the old one anymore to cut. if anything cut it fully out or flush with the flange. Perrins good though.

post #9 of 11 Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Rexsedan09 is an unknown
Does the catless sound better? I'm not sure if I want to go catless or catted. Ive got the money but is it worth it? Any downsides to each one? Thanks
post #10 of 11 Old 11-17-2010, 12:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

anxiouz is an unknown
I've heard nothing but good things about the nvidia dp. I don't think you can wrong there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexsedan09 View Post
If I've got the money what do you guys think about Perrin? I know it's catted but I'm just thinking about smell.
Personally, I went with the Perrin dp and cat-back combo. I love the sound, the quality of their products, and their customer service has been continually outstanding. So they got my money.

As for catted or catless...the sound difference (volume) isn't significant. I went high-flow catted...every car I've run catless has had a decent amount of exhaust smell that gets my allergies going. On hot days when sitting at a stoplight with the windows down, it wasn't crazy but it was unpleasant. So having even just a HFC helps cut down on that kind of thing which is important to me (and moreso, my wife ).

Steve ... '11 WRX H/B ... Perrin Stage 2
post #11 of 11 Old 11-17-2010, 02:39 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexsedan09 View Post
Does the catless sound better? I'm not sure if I want to go catless or catted. Ive got the money but is it worth it? Any downsides to each one? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
sound-it doesnt cut down on db's but it changes the pitch but only at WOT above like 5k where i noticed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
performance- i picked up 7hp top end and 600-700rpm faster spool when i took off my Perrin catted for my catless. will you be able to feel this?? no not really! but for $200+ more for a catted DP, no thank you!
wasnt this covered already?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement