doing some upgrades, any advice would be helpfull - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 78 Old 07-06-2010, 11:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Cool man, I'm swinging by there today. He didn't respond to a e-mail I sent him. So, he gets a personal visit instead. lol, at least I'm local and get on his case about it.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 78 Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

08silverwrx is an unknown
lol mention me ha so he remembers to email me back because I seriously need tuned lol
post #48 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

well the car is alive!! But its idling funny and backfiring and its not building any boost so it has a boost leak somewhere, I'm thinking its on my block off plate where my old bov was
post #49 of 78 Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ok found my boost leak fixed it and the car is running awesome except the blow off valve is only opening a little. I checked my vacume line and its not kinked or anything. Fml if its not one thing its another. Anybody know what's. The problem lol, its a tial bov if that helps any
post #50 of 78 Old 07-09-2010, 11:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
I didn't read this in time before going over. But, I did mention you anyways and Chad said he was talking to Jeff Perrin about the blow-by setup. He said that it's do-able. Its just that he's never done blow-bye set-up yet. So, you'll be his first...provided you guys work out a tune date. GL.

Side note: Sometimes doing DIY cams, timing, and tuning is a bad idea. Some guy seized...yes, seized his EVOs cams by breaking his valves. This is after he bought the parts through chad, but wanted to save money by doing it himself.

Kirt
post #51 of 78 Old 07-09-2010, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Well he emailed me back and said he's really busy and doesn't have the time to experiment with it and I guess he pretty much blew me off, he did refer me to someone else and I called them today and now I have to drive an extra 2 hours almost just to go to this other place to get tuned wich I'm not happy about. I did fix my bov though but now my car kinda cuts out in mid throttle for some reason, like I said before if its not one thing its another, does anyone have any idea why its cutting out, could it be another boost leak or something?
post #52 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 11:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Doah...Sorry man. He is extremely busy though...Tis the season people want a faster car and people keep breaking them too. So, last time I knew...Chad was 3(+) weeks booked out. Mid throttle might be a bunch of things. Are you getting on it or just cruising in mid throttle? Because getting on it...would more than likely just be the fact that you're not tuned and the ECU can't catch up to how the car is running now with the mods.

Kirt
post #53 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

I noticed it happened when I was going up a hill I down shifted and gave it gas but I didn't like floor and it started hesitating between 3000rpms and 3500 rpms then all of a sudden it quit doing it and the car drove normal after that spot in the rpms. I wanted to see if it was just a one time thing so I did get on it on the straight road and it did it again around 4k rpms I'm thinking if its not the tune it has to be a boost leak it only does it when its building boost and I notice on my boost gauge that it kinda drops when it happens
post #54 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

forgot to mention, finaly getting the car tuned next saturday at IAG performance in maryland, im ording my boost control selenoid tonight and they wanna install it for me so i dont have to drive the car that far untuned and risk hurting it.
post #55 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 04:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I wouldn't matter as long as you stay out of boost. No boost=solenoid does nothing.

-Chris
post #56 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 08:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
to lazy to go back and read all this, whats your list of motor mods before you tune?

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #57 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Well my list of mods are a ultimate racing front mount, I gotta perrin intake but I used a agencey power maf for my blow through set up, grimm speed boost control selenoid, invidia 3in dp (catless) 3in custom exhaust and cobb ap
post #58 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

Does IAG have a dyno? It'd be interesting to see what your 08 makes...sorry that chad didn't feel comfortable doing the tune. I tried Let us know how it turns out.

Kirt
post #59 of 78 Old 07-13-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Does IAG have a dyno? It'd be interesting to see what your 08 makes...sorry that chad didn't feel comfortable doing the tune. I tried Let us know how it turns out.
Yeah they gotta dyno, I'm predicting maybe 260 if I'm lucky lol, its all good dude it ain't your fault
post #60 of 78 Old 07-14-2010, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

That'd be a nice difference.

Kirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement