doing some upgrades, any advice would be helpfull - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 Old 06-26-2010, 05:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
if i would have known the BOV could be mounted in the hot side i would have done it. where mine is, its a PITA to get to and lube it back up.
Do all bov's need lube or just the turbo xs? I can't imagine it needs it that often (they say every 6k miles which seems a bit much).

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 06-26-2010, 10:37 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
As far as I know neither my Perrin or Cobb need(ed) lube. It was never mentioned in either of the instrucitons that came with them.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#33 Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

08silverwrx is an unknown
Ok so called a new dyno shop since cbrd won't reply either of my emails and they said theree gonna look into tuning my car for a blow through set up and said they can't do it unless I get a piggy back ecu. I didn't think I needed one can anyone tell me why they can't tune the stock ecu, and has anyone ever heard of this company its called momentum auto works in hagerstown maryland.
#34 Old 06-28-2010, 04:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
cause they prob dont know how to and are scared.

APS is still only a short 5 hour drive

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#35 Old 06-28-2010, 05:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08silverwrx View Post
i meant If I could leave the bov where its at right now on the intercooler piping instead of moving it, I guess I'm gonna have to move it. Because its gonna be closer then 18 inches of the maf. Or since you said the maf has to be on a straight peice of intercooler piping maybe I could put the maf further down the intercooler piping because there is a straight peice right infront of the motor, would that work?
i dont know where your BOV is mounted on the piping so i dont know. mine was like 6 inches away from the trottle body so there was no way the MAF could go in between.

the MAF should go as close to the throttle body as possible.

old BOV location blocked off, MAF mounted in strait pipe, BOV 18 inches away. its nice to buy a universal BOV because then you can mount it anywhere!

#36 Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah my bov is located where yout block of plate is but I measured to where I wanna put the maf and its 19 inches away and I got enought straight pipe on both side so it don't mess up the readings
#37 Old 06-28-2010, 09:30 PM
WRXtuners Member

sounds good then. sorry im confused, i thought you had a problem. you do know it needs to go throttle body, MAF sensor, BOV right?

#38 Old 06-28-2010, 09:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Yeah man
#39 Old 06-29-2010, 08:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08silverwrx View Post
has anyone ever heard of this company its called momentum auto works in hagerstown maryland.
I live in Hagerstown, but I haven't heard of them. I'm still sort of new to the area though, so I haven't really gotten a chance to explore everything yet.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#40 Old 06-30-2010, 01:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ok so I finished my blow through set up tonight, just waiting on my block off plate and time for a test drive hopefully it runs good until I can get a tuner that will touch the car, it sucks living in the middle of no where. I'm hoping them guys in hagerstown call me back and say they can do it. After the tune I will be ordering my turbo and ewg and boost controll selenoid and supporting mods.
#41 Old 07-01-2010, 01:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ok the guys in hagerstown called back and said they can do it they just gotta get the tuning software from cobb and ill be set
#42 Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
You sent the e-mail to: chad@cbrdspeedfactory.com ? Because chad normally responds to my e-mails within 24 hours, but normally the same day if it's a decent time of day. Make the subject CBRD or something. Sorry man, I haven't been on here for a couple days.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#43 Old 07-01-2010, 11:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
You sent the e-mail to: chad@cbrdspeedfactory.com ? Because chad normally responds to my e-mails within 24 hours, but normally the same day if it's a decent time of day. Make the subject CBRD or something. Sorry man, I haven't been on here for a couple days.
Its all good man, and no I just emailed from the link I found on there web site, maybe if these other people don't get back to me I will email chad.
#44 Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Or call and leave a voice mail. He's incredibly busy right now and it's one of his main flaws. He sometimes doesn't communicate well, ie. respond to e-mail. But, being really busy will do that to a business owner that only really has 1 to 2 people under him.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#45 Old 07-05-2010, 11:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

So chad emailed me back he said he can tune it he just wants to do some research on it and he will get back to me about it, hopefully he's not to busy to forget bout emailing me back lol