doing some upgrades, any advice would be helpfull - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 78 Old 06-10-2010, 10:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08silverwrx View Post
Are they good at tuning??? Hahahaha I just found out god speed doesn't have an awd dyno so I guess I'm going to york lol
Well, I'd say Chad is a good tuner. He has a huge rep in the Evo world of tuning. People send their projects and cars from all up and down the east coast to him. He will normally tune it for a good balance of power and torque, unless you tell him otherwise. I think he might be a little bit confused on the blow-through tube. But, I'm sure he could work with it. E-mail him and see what he thinks. Feel free to say I sent you. Kirt with the 06 blue sti. lol

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 78 Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

08silverwrx is an unknown
ok man thanks a lot for the info, update on some stuff, I went to order my ewg and there out of stock so I'm gonna wait until they get some in before I order it. So I ended up ordering the grimm speed boost selenoid, one step colder spark plugs, do you guys think I should upgrade my fuel pump or would my stock one be able to push 750cc injectors because I'm ordering those also and I'm gonna try to order my turbo by the end of next week
post #18 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I would do the pump if you're doing the injectors.

-Chris
post #19 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
ok man thanks a lot for the info, update on some stuff, I went to order my ewg and there out of stock so I'm gonna wait until they get some in before I order it. So I ended up ordering the grimm speed boost selenoid, one step colder spark plugs, do you guys think I should upgrade my fuel pump or would my stock one be able to push 750cc injectors because I'm ordering those also and I'm gonna try to order my turbo by the end of next week
dealers on ebay have the UP for $250ish and should have on hand!

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
post #20 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 09:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Also check out importimage. I ordered through my tuner through them and got the whole ewg up kit w/38mm tial, iwg bracket, new exh. manifold to head, up pipe to turbo, exhaust manifold to up pipe 2x thick, downpipe gasket, heat wrap, and spray for $617 to my door.

My tuner is a dealer tho so I get them basically at cost.

-Chris
post #21 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 01:42 PM
WRXtuners Member

please please please god do not go through importimage. Josh is a TOTAL DBAG!!! i cant count honestly how many people he has ####ed over!!! hes a crappy drop shipper. he has no inventory and just calls the companys and tells them where to ship! so if GS is out of stock that means he is to. he screwed me on a DP and then an UP. i paid over $200 for the perrin UP when it only costs $170 to my door from my seller. im tired of getting emails from guys that say "he screwed you too"? and guys at my local car club. hes a thief and a liar big time! works out of his moms basement and just makes calls. total flamer.

post #22 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 03:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

I have heard bad things about him, but when I ordered through my tuner I didn't know he ordered through import until I got the invoice that had their name on top. I thought he was ordering right from GS.

-Chris
post #23 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ok I will do the fuel pump also, I emailed CBRD today so now I'm just patiently waiting on a response, I also bought a daily driver today so now the subaru can get a break and I won't have to rush putting the parts on because it was my only vehicle and I won't mess shit up being in a hurry lol, I'm also thinking about getting a perrin inlet hose, any body have any input on this or would I just be wasting my money?
post #24 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 05:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

808subbie is an unknown
Quote:
Ok I will do the fuel pump also, I emailed CBRD today so now I'm just patiently waiting on a response, I also bought a daily driver today so now the subaru can get a break and I won't have to rush putting the parts on because it was my only vehicle and I won't mess shit up being in a hurry lol, I'm also thinking about getting a perrin inlet hose, any body have any input on this or would I just be wasting my money?
Someone please correct me if im wrong, but from my understanding, upgrading the intake system before 350+HP is not worth it, then again im not 100% sure, so if someone could clarify this that would be helpfull as i am interested in this piece as well.
post #25 of 78 Old 06-11-2010, 09:34 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808subbie View Post
Someone please correct me if im wrong, but from my understanding, upgrading the intake system before 350+HP is not worth it, then again im not 100% sure, so if someone could clarify this that would be helpfull as i am interested in this piece as well.
The Inlet and the Intake are two different things that end up connecting to the turbo. Inlet is post MAF and the Intake is the section that has the MAF. Plus, 08+ MYs gain more from a Intake and tune then previous years.

Quote:
Good luck on getting a Perrin Inlet. Chad told me they were sold out at the places he checked. So, I got a agency power inlet instead. Which is basically a knock off APS Inlet, same exact thing. Its a bigger pain in the butt to install the Agency Power inlet, but its a solid core inlet and not a flexible pipe. Meaning, you'll have to remove the manifold to get it on. Chad is pretty good at returning my e-mails. Hopefully you get a responce soon.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #26 of 78 Old 06-12-2010, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Yeah I'm still waiting but I'm not in a rush
post #27 of 78 Old 06-14-2010, 05:28 AM
WRXtuners Member

Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful Kjott21 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxmadmax View Post
Yes, I would like to know also, as I live north of Pittsburgh and have no idea where to go to get a professional tune. thanks
Closest tuner for you is Nate @ TPG Tuning:
http://tpgtuning.com/

My name is Ken and I am a HP Junkie.
post #28 of 78 Old 06-26-2010, 03:02 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ok I'm starting to work on my blow through set up in the morning but quick question, does the bov have to be mounted 18 inches away from the maf or can I use the stock location on my fmic?, and I still have not gotten a responce from cbrd I don't know what's going on maybe they don't check there email or something lol.
post #29 of 78 Old 06-26-2010, 01:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

use the stock location for what on your FMIC?

the MAF can not be mounted in a bend or near a bend. it needs strait flow in front of and behind so no turbulance messes with it. id say at least 6-8 inches of strait pipe in front of and behind of is ideal.

the BOV can be mounted pretty much anywhere. people normally put it in the cold boost tube but ive seen it on the hot side too. get it as far away from the MAF as possible, 18 inches is a minimun.

if i would have known the BOV could be mounted in the hot side i would have done it. where mine is, its a PITA to get to and lube it back up.

post #30 of 78 Old 06-26-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

i meant If I could leave the bov where its at right now on the intercooler piping instead of moving it, I guess I'm gonna have to move it. Because its gonna be closer then 18 inches of the maf. Or since you said the maf has to be on a straight peice of intercooler piping maybe I could put the maf further down the intercooler piping because there is a straight peice right infront of the motor, would that work?