doing some upgrades, any advice would be helpfull - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-07-2010, 11:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

08silverwrx is an unknown
doing some upgrades, any advice would be helpfull

Ok so I got some extra money saved up and I'm gonna be getting the following parts in the next week or two

Vf52 turbo, could I use my stock injectors if not what would u guys recomend for the most power

Grimmspeed external waste gate kit

Grimmspeed boost control selenoid

I will be also doing a blow through set up on my bov like synolimit did his thanks to his helpfull thread

I also have a question, on jscspeed.com they say the vf52 needs a hardware instalation kit or something like that, what is it? I thought the vf52 pretty much just bolted on and get a tune and your ready to go?

Thanks for any advice and if there is any other parts any of you guys reccomend getting that would help with performance and make my car run better let me know because I wanna get it done all in one shot and tuned also.

I do have the following parts on my car, perrin cai, ultimate racing front mount intercooler, perrin stage 3 map, perrin crank pulley, invidia down pipe (catless), 3 inch custom exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-08-2010, 12:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
the VF52 is a good choice! your 08 injectors are the same as the 09 and 10 so no need to upgrade till your above about 20psi. im at 19.5psi till i think 4500rpm then taper to 14.5psi at redline and only at 90% on the injectors which is the max! 750cc will be enough to max that turbo. if you want E85 you'll need 1000cc. injector dynamics are probably the best, but DW gives you nice rebate. $200

i hate you by the way that your getting the GS EWG! give me $600 i want it now!!!

i dont know if i updated the blow through install but you'll need a 3" pipe for the MAF. that will be 73mm ID. my TXS CAI was only 66mm and it didnt work. you can buy a MAF housing for $40 for 3" pipe at KStech.com

no idea on that install kit. it could maybe come with new gaskets for DP and UP which you kinda sorta should get. it is 100% bolt on with nothing needed.

looks like it will be a nasty setup! only thing i say get is the GS PnP headers or someones aftermarket ones. EL will be most power like Perrin but if you want to keep the subi sound save yourself some money and get the PnP. also, you'll be in the 75-100HP increase HP range. one step colder plugs isnt a bad idea.

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#3 Old 06-08-2010, 12:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

I kinda figuredit was gaskets or something but I wanted to get someones opiniong before I got it and didn't need it, and thanks for the advice on the maf housing I will get on that web site asap. I'm just hoping this tuner can tune my car for the blow through set up, I guess he tuned travis pastranas rally car a few times and he's real good so if he's as good as they say he's gonna have a life long customer lol, , I can't wait!!!!!! But perfection takes time haha
#4 Old 06-08-2010, 01:15 AM
WRXtuners Member

if hes as good as they say he should only spend about 1/3 the time on a dyno. 2/3 needs to be spent on the street making sure you have a stock like driving (insert car name you want to kill) killer.

#5 Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
EWG is aweseome... I love it. You'll have to let me know how yours sounds with the bcs. Mine sounds like an angry badger, not a constant roar. In talks with GS it seems like it's because of their 3-port ebcs. When I ran spring pressure it was either open or closed, so a constant roar, not you can tell the bcs is doing it's job keeping the gate variable to control the boost better. Should also be cured if I were to only run the bottom port on the wastegate, but then you lose some of your boost control.

-Chris
#6 Old 06-08-2010, 09:31 AM
WRXtuners Member

what I realy want to kill is this kids mustang lol, I hope that's what you meant lol
#7 Old 06-08-2010, 04:16 PM
WRXtuners Member

^^^lol thats exactly what i ment.

#8 Old 06-08-2010, 04:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

Haha,
#9 Old 06-08-2010, 08:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Who is your tuner?

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#10 Old 06-08-2010, 08:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxmadmax is an unknown
Yes, I would like to know also, as I live north of Pittsburgh and have no idea where to go to get a professional tune. thanks
#11 Old 06-08-2010, 11:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxmadmax View Post
Yes, I would like to know also, as I live north of Pittsburgh and have no idea where to go to get a professional tune. thanks
i just checked the distance for you. APS is only 184 miles, just under 3 hours. i would seriously go to them since its really close for you.

#12 Old 06-09-2010, 01:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

Its called god speed in state colege, he's very good at tuning and he has lots of experience. I've emailed him because i Still dont know if he has an awd dyno and still no response but I think its because he is only open on saturdays so let's hope he does reply. I do know of another place but I don't remember where there at and I do know they have an awd dyno and they do a lot of subbys and evo's if I remember right is called CBRD or something like that I think there in indiana pa, if someone knows who I'm talking about please correct me if I'm wrong.
#13 Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ok I. Googled and CBRD is located in york pa. I love GOOGLE
#14 Old 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Yep, in York. I go to CBRD Speedfactory. If you have any questions. Let me know...

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#15 Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
Yep, in York. I go to CBRD Speedfactory. If you have any questions. Let me know...
Are they good at tuning??? Hahahaha I just found out god speed doesn't have an awd dyno so I guess I'm going to york lol