4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 08-30-2013, 08:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
No, both turbos will always be working, one doesn't just take over. You will get slower spool up on either turbo individually than you would if you ran either one by itself since the exhaust is being split between them, which is why many cars that come TT stock are converted to single turbo when upgrading. Nor are the results cost efficient.
brfatal,
Isn't this more true of the parallel turbo design than the sequential design? The Maserati bi-turbo and the RUF 'Yellow Bird' had a parallel turbo design.

Agree that both turbos will be working in either design and twin turbo setups are not cost-efficient.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
blue '09 STi - lease return
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subi101 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
No, both turbos will always be working, one doesn't just take over. You will get slower spool up on either turbo individually than you would if you ran either one by itself since the exhaust is being split between them, which is why many cars that come TT stock are converted to single turbo when upgrading. Nor are the results cost efficient.

from what i have heard from this guy the engine exhaust runs to the little turbo then to big then out.

I think like he said above you're talking about a parallel system which i heard wasn't that good. haha im trying to justify spending the money...... but i dont wanna do something stupid. haha..!Laugh!
#18 Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
It won't be the initial cost that is the problem. The problem lies in being a guinea pig for a new setup and having R&D issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LW_Black4 likes this.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#19 Old 09-03-2013, 02:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Subi101 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
It won't be the initial cost that is the problem. The problem lies in being a guinea pig for a new setup and having R&D issues.

ya i actually never thought of that. have to sign some papers saying that they are responsible for everything hahaha. doubt they will do that.
#20 Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subi101 View Post
ya i actually never thought of that. have to sign some papers saying that they are responsible for everything hahaha. doubt they will do that.
Most tuners make you sign off saying its your fault if anything happens and its for off road use.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae