Subaru WRX Forum banner

Cobb SF Intake + Air Box

9K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Subbie 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
They do give you the HP and TQ gains. They are Stage 2+SF (MTv200 on 91) is +11% HP/ +10% over stock. This information is on the page labeled map notes.

Added:

According to their dyno information: (Roughly 3800RPM range)
HP - 250 +/- 5
TQ - 295 +/- 5

Then of course if you are not hitting the target boost or over shooting target boost they have added new maps for LWG and HWG duty cycle.

#9 ·
I'm so tempted to get this as my next mod...I'll wait until there are more reviews out for it though...I'm going with the 93OCT Stage 1 map, I'm not expecting a big gain in hp or tq from the Stage 1 AP map without the intake. I'm hoping for better throttle response though...

#10 · (Edited)
So the notes on the web site show say about a 10% HP increase, but I just got an email back from Stephen Le at Cobb saying:
"We have been seeing roughly 5-10 HP through out the powerband, but torque remained about the same"

Has anyone put this on yet? There's a big difference in a 10% increase and a 10 HP increase

#11 ·
So the notes on the web site show say about a 10% HP increase, but I just got an email back from Stephen Le at Cobb saying:
"We have been seening roughly 5-10 HP through out the powerband, but torque remained about the same"

Has anyone put this on yet? There's a big difference in a 10% increase and a 10 HP increase
The 10 HP you were quoted is only what the intake adds to the Stage 2 map. The map notes are 11% over STOCK. (Meaning going from stock to Stage 2 with intake = 11% increase)

I can vouch for the 11% because I am stage 2 and if I only gained 10 HP then I wouldn't still be enjoying it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.