Cobb Intake and AP V3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By arewmors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-26-2013, 10:42 AM
WRXtuners Member

jjange68 is an unknown
Cobb Intake and AP V3

I installed the Cobb intake and V3 93 octane OTS map. The car seems to running well and I am happy with the increase in throttle response and mid range power. I did notice that the peak boost at one point was 17.91 psi should I be concerend seeing as it is supposed to only reach 17.5 psi? or is everything good? I haven't had a chance to datalog yet but I would imagine that I want to? Any tips would be helpful in doing the datalogging also what parameters should I be data logging all that were set on the default or just the "knock" sensor stuff?

This is on a '13 WRX stock exhaust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
The psi for your boost can go + or - 1 from what Cobb says it should. If it gets more than that you will have to try the high or low wastegate map depending if your boost is high or low. definitely recommend data logging. Do it in 3rd gear from 2500 rpms to redline WOT. Cobb also has what to look for in the data you gather on there site. You can send Cobb your data log and they will tell you how everything looks or you can post it on the forum and the guys on here can help you as well.
turmic and BLAZE2099 like this.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#3 Old 08-26-2013, 11:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

jjange68 is an unknown
Thanks, I am sure it is fine I will try and datalog this week and get the results to Cobb and on here. I just have to read up on saving the datalog and downloading it. I am happy with the mod and it really has done what I wanted I wasn't looking for anything too radical just enough to get rid of that low to midrange lag. It is a fun car that's for sure and the sound that intake makes puts a smile on my face..........
#4 Old 08-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjange68 View Post
Thanks, I am sure it is fine I will try and datalog this week and get the results to Cobb and on here. I just have to read up on saving the datalog and downloading it. I am happy with the mod and it really has done what I wanted I wasn't looking for anything too radical just enough to get rid of that low to midrange lag. It is a fun car that's for sure and the sound that intake makes puts a smile on my face..........
Yea agreed, a fun car indeed! Just wait until you go stage 2, it gets even better and will put an even bigger grin on your face!! Yea you should data log to verify for piece of mind that everything is good. I'm sure it will, but it's nice to see it.

There isn't really much to do to save it. When you click the data log on the AP and then click again to stop it, the data it was recording automatically saves on the AP. Then you can plug it into the computer and open the AP program that you download from Cobbs site. Once the program reads the AP is connected it should have all your maps and any of your data logs you have taken. You can then put them on your computer so you can access them when you don't have the AP plugged in to the computer. Its super easy. I open mine in excel and then PDF'd them to send to Cobb and for the anyone else. PDF is usually a file everyone can access, not everyone has excel. Or you could take a screen shot as well. You can then delete it on the AP after putting it on your computer or you can keep it on the AP for a while. I name mine on the computer with the date I logged and what map I was using. This should allow me to easily recall what map I want later if need be to compare information. Hope this helps!

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#5 Old 08-26-2013, 11:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

jjange68 is an unknown
Yes that helped, thank you very much for everything. I will post my datalog as soon as I can. I do want to try the launch control at least a couple times, just to see how it is. Have you played around with it? and how accurate is the dyno on the AP?
#6 Old 08-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Yes that helped, thank you very much for everything. I will post my datalog as soon as I can. I do want to try the launch control at least a couple times, just to see how it is. Have you played around with it? and how accurate is the dyno on the AP?
I have not yet played with the launch control or flat foot shifting. I'm hoping to eventually though. I haven't really had any experience with using the dyno on it. I've loaded and changed maps and data logged that's about it right now. I just got the v2 like 3 months ago so I haven't had too much time to try stuff with it.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#7 Old 08-26-2013, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
The psi for your boost can go + or - 1 from what Cobb says it should. If it gets more than that you will have to try the high or low wastegate map depending if your boost is high or low. definitely recommend data logging. Do it in 3rd gear from 2500 rpms to redline WOT. Cobb also has what to look for in the data you gather on there site. You can send Cobb your data log and they will tell you how everything looks or you can post it on the forum and the guys on here can help you as well.
Great job Andy.
Rep your way

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#8 Old 08-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZE2099 View Post
Great job Andy.
Rep your way
Thanks man appreciate it! :thumbup:

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#9 Old 08-26-2013, 02:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Brockton is a helpful contributing member
Garage
The dyno function is pretty worthless. Never tried flat foot shifting, feels wrong to me. But the launch control is a nice feature, sounds pretty sexy.
#10 Old 08-26-2013, 02:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

jjange68 is an unknown
Yeah I did try a dyno pull yesterday and the numbers looked way too high so that is why I asked. The flat foot shifting isn't someting I am interested in I think I would end up confusing myself. I would like to try the launch control though.
#11 Old 08-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I did try a dyno pull yesterday and the numbers looked way too high so that is why I asked. The flat foot shifting isn't someting I am interested in I think I would end up confusing myself. I would like to try the launch control though.
The data log will be more valuable information than the dyno option

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#12 Old 08-28-2013, 10:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockton View Post
The dyno function is pretty worthless. Never tried flat foot shifting, feels wrong to me. But the launch control is a nice feature, sounds pretty sexy.
The vDyno is pretty nice when you start tuning yourself. It's a decent baseline.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3