cobb ap map question - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-17-2008, 11:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

08silverwrx is an unknown
cobb ap map question

does any one kno when cobb is coming up with the turbo upgrade maps for the 08 wrx maps i have got my front mount intercooler and g18 turbo adn injectors and i want the cobb map for it and cobb doesnt have it and i do kno i can go to a tuner shop but the nearest one here is 3 to 4 hours away and i work 3rd shift at work and cant maKE it up there. so can i please just have a straight foward answer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
18G turbo? I'm assuming...I hope you didn't buy that turbo already. Because unless it's the same style as your VF48 *STI turbo* (VF40 for the wrx?, I forget). You just wasted a bunch of money. I'd say you can call/search cobb or perrin. To see if either one can get you a map for the upgrade. Because apprantly even perrin has Accessport maps. But, I'm afraid if you bought the wrong style turbo. I hope not. !Notfunny!
#3 Old 08-18-2008, 02:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

REDCHARGE is an unknown
I havent heard anything , but you could always flatbed it and have it tuned, I hope the turbo is same flange fitting , and if it isnt just modify it and weld it with the proper one.
#4 Old 08-18-2008, 03:12 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
there are several kits out there for the 08s if you can track them down that switch to a rotated mount turbo placement. It's a little more involved than a bolt on turbo swap from the older models but in the end you get what you want.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#5 Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
I guess you could rotate it...but in this very forum. Just a few posts down is this. With dumdum's great pics of the differences between the turbos. 2007 STI parts to 2008 WRX
#6 Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 PM
WRXtuners Member

08silverwrx is an unknown
yeah i ment 18g sorry lol