Cobb AccessPort on the 08 WRX - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 12-26-2007, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ItsOver is an unknown
Cobb AccessPort on the 08 WRX

Is the AccessPort available for the 08? On cobbs web site they have it on there, but I don't see any mappings to go for it under the downloads. I called MachIV because they show it on there web site as well and they told me there isn't any maps out for it yet but there pretty sure the 07 legacy map will work just fine. Cobbs offices are close until the 1st so I could reach anyone over there. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 12-26-2007, 04:06 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
I take it you just purchased an 08 WRX? Congrats if you did. There isnt many around right now, and een less parts for them Im sure. Someone might know, but best bet would be to wait till you can get in contact with Cobb directly.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #3 of 15 Old 12-27-2007, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ItsOver is an unknown
Im about 3-4 weeks from having one in my possession. So im getting a part list in my mind. I have decided that every dollar I am able to talk my salesman down goes right back into the car. Not looking for anything crazy just a quick daily driver. Anyone else with some insight on this one?
post #4 of 15 Old 12-28-2007, 12:10 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
yeah, get a downpipe in addition to the AP

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #5 of 15 Old 12-28-2007, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ItsOver is an unknown
Yeah but what maps are they using on the 08AP? I herd they were using the 07 legacy map. This dosent sound like a good idea too me. Slowly but surely I am noticing more and more parts coming out. Im also looking to get a good adjustable 50/50 BOV. I probably just go with the whole stage two once it's available. Then a good tune and I should be fine. Also anyone source any tail lights the rex. One word hideous. Thanks guys.
post #6 of 15 Old 12-29-2007, 12:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

LeftCoastWRX is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOver View Post
Is the AccessPort available for the 08? On cobbs web site they have it on there, but I don't see any mappings to go for it under the downloads. I called MachIV because they show it on there web site as well and they told me there isn't any maps out for it yet but there pretty sure the 07 legacy map will work just fine. Cobbs offices are close until the 1st so I could reach anyone over there. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks guys
The AP is available for the 08, I have been looking for one too. I was told on their forum COBB Forums - Powered by vBulletin that Cobb was closed until the middle of next week...

There are map out for the 08 AP Here is the link:

cobb . wrx accessport . map listing

Check it out
post #7 of 15 Old 12-30-2007, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

ItsOver is an unknown
Thanks guys how I was unable to find that is beyond me.
post #8 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 12:36 AM
WRXtuners Member

wrx808 is an unknown
Hey Guys, Well I went down to PDXTuners today and checked out whats available for the 08 WRX sedan. Its pretty much a stage 2 package, Cobb AP, Avo downpipe+ exahust kit. Claimed hp from kit is about 40-50 hp. Not bad, but the prices are still pretty high. 800 for ap, 1300 for exahust and about 450-475 for the down pipe. Pretty good chunk of change, I think I'll wait until more products are released. I made the same mistake with lifting my Titan when it first came out and bought the first lift kit that came out for it...way cheaper after about 4-5 months once other companies gave them some comp. Also none of the Legacy stuff will fit or work with the 08 wrx..at least that is what I was told.

Post any other alternatives if you guys know of any.
post #9 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 07:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Wow that's rediculous. For exhaust on the 08 check out Rallitek.com. i know they just released a new exhaust for the 08 and they're tuning an 08 as their project car now.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
post #10 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 05:42 PM

Garage
get a full 2.5" cat-back. You 08 guys have a friggin tin can at the end of your car.

post #11 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 07:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrx808 is an unknown
I called my dealership today to find out what prices for SPT exhaust. The SPT version of the 08 sedan utilizes the stock cat converter and uses 3" piping. Total price was 595. They also have the intake+heat shield for about 280. Im wondering how good this set up would be with a cobb ap and downpipe. Also would these parts mesh well or would they have a negative effect using them together? The stand alone parts made by SPT has a claimed increase of 18-20 hp NOT including the AP or downpipe. Any suggestions?
post #12 of 15 Old 04-26-2008, 11:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

AbeePoo89 is an unknown
I got a magnaflow cat-back from ultimate racing for about 575(shipping included)off of their ebay auction. It sounds really nice and it's not obnoxiously loud. You should check out their site they have some pretty good deals.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-28-2008, 01:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx808 View Post
I called my dealership today to find out what prices for SPT exhaust. The SPT version of the 08 sedan utilizes the stock cat converter and uses 3" piping. Total price was 595. They also have the intake+heat shield for about 280. Im wondering how good this set up would be with a cobb ap and downpipe. Also would these parts mesh well or would they have a negative effect using them together? The stand alone parts made by SPT has a claimed increase of 18-20 hp NOT including the AP or downpipe. Any suggestions?
1) I think the SPT piping is 2.5"... could be wrong but I'd wager it's a 3" tip on 2.5" pipe and they're just telling you the tip diameter.
2) The intake is a good deal because it's one of the few that are actually designed for the car. However, it's value is mostly in the sound category, like the cat back because of point #3
3) Neither of those parts are going to add much horsepower. 18-20hp is bullshit. Total bullshit. Maybe 5 if you're lucky, most of the time closer to zero. Bupkis. They're sound mods, not power mods.

If you plan on upgrading your turbo down the road, the intake is not a bad idea. The cat back though is not much more than stock. Also, you can get it cheaper by buying it straight from bosal rather than from subaru. The only thing you loose is the SPT logo on the tip.

post #14 of 15 Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

96accord is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 96accord Send a message via Yahoo to 96accord
^^ You are correct... but 3" Tip and 3" piping that tapers at the flange before it gets to the dp..

I am trying to upgrade my SPT to something that is a true 3"
post #15 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

08Subie is an unknown
Perrin Performance has a bunch of maps for the 08 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement