Subaru WRX Forum banner

catback fitment between eu and us wrx(08)

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Ruso 
#1 ·
Hello guys, i was searching a catback exhaust for my 08 wrx , i founded on ebay lots of options from usa, but when i asked to the seller if it fits my car, he answered that us and eu wrx are different, also wagon and hatchback are two different models.
this is the ebay listing for it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131869778040

does it fit my car?

thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello guys, i was searching a catback exhaust for my 08 wrx , i founded on ebay lots of options from usa, but when i asked to the seller if it fits my car, he answered that us and eu wrx are different, also wagon and hatchback are two different models.
this is the ebay listing for it:
SS Catback Exhaust for 08-13 Subaru Impreza WRX STi Wagon 4D 2.5T | eBay

does it fit my car?

thanks in advance for the help.
In the US we have an official Subaru website for parts. It contains diagrams for ALL assemblies (engine, intake, suspension, brake systems, so on) and lists all part numbers for each one.

The best thing I can recommend without knowing the exact answer is to look at the same website for your country and compare the part numbers for exhaust components with the US one.

Also, yes the Hatch and Sedan are completely different exhaust configurations after the downpipe and they are not interchangeable without modification.

Good luck! I can't see your photo but I'm also rocking an 08 (hatch). :)

#3 ·
Oh, one more thing. On my USDM 08 Hatch, the stock exhaust only has one exit (on passenger side). I fit a quad tip exhaust on mine by cutting into the diffuser and it worked great! There were obvious slight modifications I had to do to the hang points.

This may not apply to you as I do not know what the Euro versions of the WRX look like :)

#4 ·
Oh, I'm sorry for the split posts. But I just looked at the actual part you're looking at, and I would really suggest steering clear from eBay parts of such low quality. I do this from time to time and I can tell you, my cheaper downpipe has started rusting long before my exhaust even though they are the same "stainless" steel.

If you're trying to save some money, take a look on this page. These exhausts are high quality but much less than other parts from top name brands.

Subaru WRX / STI performance parts and aftermarket parts

In particular here's an entry level exhaust that's quad tip:

Tsudo Subaru Impreza 2008-2012 STI Hatchback quad tip version 3 Cat-Back Exhaust

I put this guy on my 08 and could not be happier:

Note, if you only get catback (from downpipe on) you will need to get the adapter plate or else you will eventually develop an exhaust leak because you gotta remove the doughnut gasket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.