Catback and a ????? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-05-2009, 03:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

Got Boost is an unknown
Catback and a ?????

So I ionstalled my first mod to car yesterday, Invidia N1 CB. What a difference of the sound it makes. I thought it was going to sound like Honda thank god it does'nt, i guess my time on youtube payed off.

I also have the kartboy SS with front and back bushing. I've been reading on the "how to" to install it and it looks pretty damn hard to do.

2009 Blue Impreza WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-05-2009, 05:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
It a PITA, but not complicated. It's easiest to lower the tranny down a bit and get the cross member/tranny support out of the way. The hardest part is getting the old bushing out. After that it's not hard.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin
#3 Old 09-05-2009, 05:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

09azwrx is an unknown
Going to be getting and exhaust for my 09 soon. you like that set up pretty good hu?
#4 Old 09-06-2009, 01:43 AM
WRXtuners Member

Got Boost is an unknown
09wrx: It sounds good, I was amazed. Just trying to break in the motor before I put the dp,tune,cai on.

Ratfink: The shift seams to be pretty easy, just them damn bushing are gonna be a pain. No pain no gaon. LOL

2009 Blue Impreza WRX
#5 Old 09-06-2009, 09:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

FRIED is an unknown
I am not sure how much you have driven with the exhaust yet , does it droan at all...? just about every exhaust system has one,it depends on at what rpm and how irritating it is.
Can you describe the sound ?is it sort of deeper or brighter? does it cackle when you let off ?
#6 Old 09-06-2009, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

Got Boost is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRIED View Post
I am not sure how much you have driven with the exhaust yet , does it droan at all...? just about every exhaust system has one,it depends on at what rpm and how irritating it is.
Can you describe the sound ?is it sort of deeper or brighter? does it cackle when you let off ?
It does'nt have a bad droan at cruising speeds. Most exhaust systems IMO have alittle bit of droan but when I install the DP i would amagine that its going to get louder. It has a deeper aggressive sound and it sounds like you have a small cam at idle. It does have a small crackel when shifting nothing bad. I like a loud/smooth exhaust, it does'nt bother me. I have 500rwhp-575rwtq SVT LIGHTNING and its loud. I hope this helps.

2009 Blue Impreza WRX
#7 Old 09-06-2009, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Got Boost is an unknown
UPDATE: Installed the shift today and what a difference. Now I have to do the F/B bushings.

2009 Blue Impreza WRX
#8 Old 09-06-2009, 07:47 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
If you think the shifter made a difference, wait till you do the bushings. Thats where its at. I want to hear your feedback once you have them installed and test them out.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#9 Old 09-06-2009, 09:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

09azwrx is an unknown
Yes, keep the feed back comin. thanks for the info on the exhaust !
#10 Old 09-06-2009, 11:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
I looked alot at the Kartboy STS and read lots of good feed back about it, but wanted to keep the stock stick so I ended up buying the cheap adapter from Perrin. It was a super easy install (Did it on Saturday) and after an adjustment for positioning I am quite impressed. The only problem is training my feet and mind to be faster so they can keep up with the shift! haha.

I'm in the same boat though with the bushings... I need to get this beast off the ground and do that on the No Labor Day. I'm really anxious about the "bolt action" lock and load gear shifts I hear so much about.

One things I'll throw at you Got Boost, is I put a drop in Perrin air filter in (although K & N makes a nice one too) and it does actually make a little difference without going all out on an intake. I am really happy with these mods so far. (haven't gotten up to installing the Downpipe yet though... I'm still smoothing out the service manager at the dealership so it's not a big deal and he seems on the level, but that may change when $hit hits the fan ya know..). This is a good thread for me to follow too since I'm right there with you. Thinking about a rear sway bar though to rid that understeer/plow effect. What do you think?
#11 Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Smkin Joe, my next upgrade(s) are sways (along with some other stuff). Im not really sure whats out there for you guys, but its a great upgrade. Hotchkis, Cobb, and Whiteline all come highy recommended, with rallitek endlinks (if they are made for your car). Just giveing you something to look at.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#12 Old 09-07-2009, 12:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

02SportWagon is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 02SportWagon Send a message via Yahoo to 02SportWagon
+1 for RalliTek and Whiteline

-02SportWagon
"Can I stab you for your Subie?"
#13 Old 09-07-2009, 07:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Smokin'Joe is more helpful than not
I did the bushings today on Laborless Day. Yipee! I lost all the slop and now have a clean clean clean shift from 1st through 4th (5th isn't great, but I don't need to jam into 5th ever so no biggie). I've taken a look at the Whiteline set and the Perrin as well. I have yet to check the RalliTek end links out, but that's now in my sights too, thanks for the recommendation!
#14 Old 09-07-2009, 08:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

Got Boost is an unknown
SmokenJoe: How was the install? I have'nt been on the forum in a fews day due to work/sleep. I know the front bushing wont be a problem, just the rear bushing is a pain due to the cross member.

2009 Blue Impreza WRX
#15 Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

ratfink is a helpful contributing member
perrin doesn't make a rear as far as I know.

Brad

AEM CAI, Perrin ELH wrapped, Catted Downpipe, Stage II XPT tune, K4RT30Y STS, lip, shark fin