Carbon Fiber - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 05-15-2008, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

twentyclowns is an unknown
Carbon Fiber

anyone know of any companys with hoods and trunks in the works? i know of one company that the name escapes me that made a hood but its 900 bucks. and since the hoods on the 08s are steel again i really wanna get a carbon fiver one and a wingless carbon trunk. lemme know if you know of any companies in the works
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-15-2008, 12:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

zmanoside is a helpful contributing member
google is your friend

Product Detail

12.7 @ 109
post #3 of 17 Old 05-15-2008, 02:23 PM
WRXtuners Member

boost_556 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyclowns View Post
anyone know of any companys with hoods and trunks in the works? i know of one company that the name escapes me that made a hood but its 900 bucks. and since the hoods on the 08s are steel again i really wanna get a carbon fiver one and a wingless carbon trunk. lemme know if you know of any companies in the works
hey try seibon carbon fibre products i got my hood from them cost abt $600.00
shipped.
post #4 of 17 Old 05-15-2008, 08:02 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Both seibon and varis are companies to look into. Varis seems like its the same as seibon but for twice the price.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 17 Old 05-15-2008, 08:48 PM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
if you spent 600 bucks on power mods you would see better gains then the weight you would shed from a CF hood.

my .02
post #6 of 17 Old 05-15-2008, 09:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

ulfric1 is an unknown
i am going to have to agree with NN power and handling first looks second but hey to each their own my friend. I would look into seibon good luck
post #7 of 17 Old 05-15-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

i do spend money on "power mods" but i also want weight reduction. thats why i asked if anyone knew of anyhoods. i wasnt asking for pros and cons and personal opinions.

seibon doesnt make a hood for my car ive checked

zmanocide. thats the hood i was referring to. its 800 bucks plus 200 shipping. total waste of money. thx for the help tho. guess ill just have to keep waiting

Last edited by mosc; 05-16-2008 at 02:00 AM.
post #8 of 17 Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
f-it, don't use a hood!
I only say this because today i saw a Honda Civic in Seattle rolling down I-5 without a hood ...I'm not sure why, maybe its a new trend that I don't know about.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #9 of 17 Old 05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
WRXtuners Member

Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful Nose Nuggets is known to be trustworthy and helpful
whats the difference between the $800 good and the factory hood, weight wise?
post #10 of 17 Old 05-16-2008, 11:50 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I remember Cosmo weighed his stock hood and the seibon carbon fiber hood for the 02-03 WRX and the carbon fiber hood was like .25 lbs heavier. However, the 02-07 hoods are aluminum which is a hella nice throw in from subaru. The 08 on the other hand I was told is just steel. Most cars that ends up being about 25lbs of reduction.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
post #11 of 17 Old 05-21-2008, 11:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Trinity54 is an unknown
i've mates that use seibon cf bonnets.their design is like ripoffs from other makes.and it seems that it doesnt save you much weight on that except for that cosmetic look.the resin coat they had on it seems to be thicker and the under structure seems weaker or " not so nicely done".you wouldnt want the part that bolts on ## hood latch to be ripped off during high speed or slight collision.
my humble opinion would be to try either varis or chargespeed.lighter and much better quality.i am currently using the varis cf bonnet ,boot and rear diffusers.going good for the 3rd year now .
post #12 of 17 Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 AM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagyhead View Post
f-it, don't use a hood!
I only say this because today i saw a Honda Civic in Seattle rolling down I-5 without a hood ...I'm not sure why, maybe its a new trend that I don't know about.
Thats funny I am doing that this weekend to pick up my cf hood. The only reason I am picking that one up is because a huge tree decide to crap alot of fresh green pine cones down on it. Therfore making my hood look like a hale storm just came down on it.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-22-2008, 02:38 AM
WRXtuners Member

suddenthomas is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyclowns View Post
i do spend money on "power mods" but i also want weight reduction. thats why i asked if anyone knew of anyhoods. i wasnt asking for pros and cons and personal opinions.

seibon doesnt make a hood for my car ive checked

zmanocide. thats the hood i was referring to. its 800 bucks plus 200 shipping. total waste of money. thx for the help tho. guess ill just have to keep waiting
Just like anything new you must wait young grasshopper. I am sure there will be some sick aftermarket body parts coming out for the 08's. You just have to wait. I am sure there will be parts soon. If you want to save weight though a stupid but easy way is to throw out spare tire. And anything else you don't use.
post #14 of 17 Old 05-26-2008, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

well i just removed the front bumper and grill and by removed i mean some dumb slut ran a stop sign and took off my front end. it should mostly be cosmetic, i dont think anything besides the hood fenders and bumber got messed up but still im outta a car for god knows how long it takes to fix everything. effing sluts.....
post #15 of 17 Old 05-26-2008, 01:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Gucci Maine is on thin ice
yea that sucks big time, you dont neet a hood pull it fat and the furious movie one style. ha ha