CAI or SRI, 2009 WRX, Moving to Cold Weather Soon - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 Old 05-17-2011, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Zwalk is an unknown
Right but they hooked it up to the computer and didn't detect that it had been tuned, they checked everything out too because I asked them too as I had just bought the car. Maybe theyre just dumb, but hey if it works it works.

2009 Black WRX Hatch
Perrin Strut/Sway, Bilstein Shocks/Springs, 3.5in COBB Cat, TP Stage 1 Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 05-17-2011, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Zwalk is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwalk View Post
Right but they hooked it up to the computer and didn't detect that it had been tuned, they checked everything out too because I asked them too as I had just bought the car. Maybe theyre just dumb, but hey if it works it works.
#### it lol, if I bring it in and they tell me they wont work on it, I'm pretty sure theres a place in LA that is tuner friendly (a subaru dealer) my buddy has a decked out Evo, hes getting a meth kit in it and everything and mistubishi still deals with him so I'll figure it out.

Frankly, if they deny my warranty, all that means is I'm buying a downpipe, and a cat witha bigger can...like yesterday lol

2009 Black WRX Hatch
post #18 of 20 Old 05-17-2011, 09:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
They aren't going to look that into it, unless they want to deny a warranty. But, they will basically check the checksum vs another WRX that they know/trust to be stock and will compare it.

Here is the Cobb answer straight off their website. CobbTuning.com - AccessPORT - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q. Can a dealer detect that I have an AccessPORT installed?

A. Yes, this is possible unless you use the [Revert to Stock] menu option to load a purely stock program on the ECU. While the vehicle can be serviced by the dealership in the same way as a stock vehicle, and all the Dealer scan tools function 100% the same, the data on the ECU has a marker known as a "checksum". Whenever any data on the ECU is changed, this checksum value must be changed in order for the ECU to operate. If a dealership compares this checksum value against another stock car, the values will be different. If you use the [Revert to Stock] menu option to uninstall the AccessPORT from your vehicle, the checksum on the ECU is now a valid stock checksum. No markers are left by the AccessPORT when using the [Revert to Stock] menu option.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
post #19 of 20 Old 05-17-2011, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Zwalk is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by turmic View Post
They aren't going to look that into it, unless they want to deny a warranty. But, they will basically check the checksum vs another WRX that they know/trust to be stock and will compare it.

Here is the Cobb answer straight off their website. CobbTuning.com - AccessPORT - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q. Can a dealer detect that I have an AccessPORT installed?

A. Yes, this is possible unless you use the [Revert to Stock] menu option to load a purely stock program on the ECU. While the vehicle can be serviced by the dealership in the same way as a stock vehicle, and all the Dealer scan tools function 100% the same, the data on the ECU has a marker known as a "checksum". Whenever any data on the ECU is changed, this checksum value must be changed in order for the ECU to operate. If a dealership compares this checksum value against another stock car, the values will be different. If you use the [Revert to Stock] menu option to uninstall the AccessPORT from your vehicle, the checksum on the ECU is now a valid stock checksum. No markers are left by the AccessPORT when using the [Revert to Stock] menu option.

Yea I have been using the revert to stock option

2009 Black WRX Hatch
post #20 of 20 Old 05-17-2011, 04:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Then you are in the clear brother.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
Sponsored Links
Advertisement