Bov Vta - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-25-2010, 04:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfink View Post
If you want louder than that.....probably should have bought a SRT4.
You don't know how many times I wanted to say that. Seriously. Just about every time somebody mentions a BOV... which is a lot. Thank you.

John
07 WRX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-25-2010, 04:53 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
I still love Cosmo's old rip on SRT4's. When one pulls up at a light and makes noise, raise and lower your rear window at em while pointing loudly.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#18 Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful blk05WRX is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
Right, because this bypasses the intake silencer in your fender well.
Yes, but I was running the GP Moto bypass elbow before and it wasn't nearly as loud. The intake is crazy loud now.

2005 WRX Cobb Stage 2
2009 Outback
#19 Old 03-25-2010, 10:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
Yes, that will fix the issue... That's what a blow-through boost tube does. Puts the maf after the intercooler in front of the throttle body. Basically as long as it's after the BPV/BOV it'll be fine. Why Subaru didn't do that in the first place is beyond me.
i swear i seen the Perrin though and the MAF is still in front of the BOV but of course its on the throttle body side after the intercooler. i want to ask my tuner because im thinking of doing this.

i just love a BOV and im thinking maybe the temps the MAF sees can be lower. on the dyno my temps would get up to 100 degrees and i want to see if i move it to the other side after the TurboXS FMIC if that will help. plan is to cut my TurboXS CAI 2-3in on both sides of the MAF housing and then cut out 6-8in out of my intercooler piping going into the throttle body. get 4 new cupplings and a peice of aluminium pipe to replace the MAF section i cut and connect everything. retune with the new FMIC and see what we see.

the cost will only be in some wire, 6-8in peice of pipe, 4 cupplings and clamps and a plug for the hose running from the stock BPV to the inlet. should clean up somethings and make more room in the engine bay. who knows, i like trying new things

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#20 Old 03-25-2010, 11:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../418_large.jpg

You can see the bov is right next to where the pipe comes out of the fender, then the maf after it.

-Chris
#21 Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

Got Boost is an unknown
Well I put the stock unit back on. I never had any idle issues withe BOV, just felt weird on a WOT pull in 3rd. Also i have a perrin CAI on my car that was on the car when it was tuned. I still like the BOV sound and i will never buy a FWD Neon over this car. LOL

2009 Blue Impreza WRX
#22 Old 03-26-2010, 01:59 AM
WRXtuners Member

rsantoni is an unknown
i have an 08 wrx sedan with a perrin recirc bov and my AEM cai will be here on tuesday. Installing the intake will make my bov louder? what sound will be made? the phhsssttt sound?
#23 Old 03-26-2010, 08:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yeah you'll hear that as well as the turbo spooling up... Can't really describe that sound, just know it put a grin on my face the first time I drove around after doing my cai.

-Chris
#24 Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 AM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcrsWetDream View Post
http://www.perrinperformance.com/sha.../418_large.jpg

You can see the bov is right next to where the pipe comes out of the fender, then the maf after it.
Ya I saw that late last night. I like it will help for what I was thinking!

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
#25 Old 03-26-2010, 04:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

rsantoni is an unknown
my perrin recirc bov currently doesnt make a noticeable sound... with the aem cai will the sound be more noticeable??
#26 Old 03-26-2010, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

Again, yes.

-Chris
#27 Old 03-26-2010, 06:17 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
99% of the sound you hear with intakes is the air sucking in.... At least in my 07's it was.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#28 Old 03-27-2010, 11:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

jed344 is an unknown
i run a greddy type s bov on my wrx. ( before you ask y my factory one crapped out and was leaking bad and i had the greddy on my shelf) i ran it vented for a while and my car would backfire alot if i boosted 5-7psi at low rpms and let off. even worse say if i did a wot pull up to 6grand let off and push in clutch and not hit another gear i had it accully stall out it was that bad. so i had my local welding shop make a elbow for it. its now recirc. and runs like a champ again.