BOV stalls car? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

tonynadrwrx is an unknown
BOV stalls car?

I just recently put in an Agency Power BOV on my 08 wrx. It is currently recirculating but when i put it vented my car stales on low rpms. Why does that happen? Will tuning the ECU help fix that?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
PLEASE DO NOT OPEN MULTIPLE THREADS FOR THE SAME QUESTION!!

But, check this out alot of your questions should be answered here Blow Off Valve FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC and yes a tune should fix that.

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#3 Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

chrischilders22 is an unknown
just dont vent it, all around better. i did it when i first got my car thinking, " ahh i love this sound everyone can hear me." but it just made my car run like crap. idel was always messing up, actually staling some times. backfired on almost every shift also

turbo xs DP,turbo xs cai, turbo xs FMIC,3port BCS,walbro255 fp, spt catback, perrin BOV, 300ish whp

Last edited by chrischilders22; 09-23-2010 at 08:14 AM.
#4 Old 09-23-2010, 02:07 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
It's leaking. Aftermarket valves are not plug and play. They need to be adjusted and periodically maintained. Personally, I'd hold off on every buying any Agency Power products again.
#5 Old 09-24-2010, 04:20 PM
WRXtuners Member

xabre1200 is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to xabre1200 Send a message via MSN to xabre1200
Take that bov off and put the stock bpv back on. Wasted your money on useless mods.
#6 Old 09-27-2010, 08:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

camborex is an unknown
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabre1200 View Post
Take that bov off and put the stock bpv back on. Wasted your money on useless mods.
Some people come here for help and advice on certain parts and modification. A BOV is probably not needed but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's useless! Factory vehicles are made to run efficiently so replacing almost any part will be beneficial. BTW...Some people like the bling even though there are no power gains. There is no such thing as a stupid question but people like you prevent new members from asking questions at all because they fear they will get flamed. If you enjoy flaming, join NASIOC!!!
#7 Old 09-27-2010, 08:55 AM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
I'm sorry your wrong a BOV is a completely useless mod and waste of money...unless your at my power level where there is no BPV that can function properly

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#8 Old 09-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Threads merged and spelling on title corrected. Please do not open multiple threads on the same topic.

Jon
"We live for a good time, not a long time."
RIP Colin McRae
#9 Old 09-27-2010, 10:54 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
I'm sorry your wrong a BOV is a completely useless mod and waste of money...unless your at my power level where there is no BPV that can function properly
Matt is absolutely correct about this. If you buy even a BPV (like factory) and arent running anything past stage 2 its a waste of money. I have seen stock BPVs (usually modified tho) running 22 PSI. A BOV/BPV offers next to know power gains over a stock unit on a mostly stock car.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#10 Old 09-27-2010, 11:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

VisiX is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by camborex View Post
Some people come here for help and advice on certain parts and modification. A BOV is probably not needed but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's useless! Factory vehicles are made to run efficiently so replacing almost any part will be beneficial. BTW...Some people like the bling even though there are no power gains. There is no such thing as a stupid question but people like you prevent new members from asking questions at all because they fear they will get flamed. If you enjoy flaming, join NASIOC!!!
It is legitimately good advice, when seeking performance gains, not to sacrifice performance for vanity. It is fine if you like "bling", but if you post a question asking why your bling is ruining your car you ought to be prepared for people to give you advice up to and including removing your new shiny part.

Ryan
2009 STi - Cobb Stage 2
#11 Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 AM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camborex View Post
This is bullshit. Cars are designed with many goals in mind. There is little reason to purposely put a crappy part on. Often times there are more expensive solutions you can add yourself to improve things but the assumption that nearly any change you make would be beneficial is dangerous and stupid. It's a complicated piece of engineering and one you depend on for more than just cosmetics. You put your life on the line when you get behind the wheel. Upgrading and modifying are two entirely different terms.

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#12 Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Matt is absolutely correct about this. If you buy even a BPV (like factory) and arent running anything past stage 2 its a waste of money. I have seen stock BPVs (usually modified tho) running 22 PSI. A BOV/BPV offers next to know power gains over a stock unit on a mostly stock car.
Keep in mind that the person who asked is driving a car with the crappy plastic BPV that doesn't hold as much as your metal ones. People with +08 WRXs often need better valves at stage 2, though I still recommend staying recirculated over VTA.
#13 Old 09-27-2010, 08:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

camborex is an unknown
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Keep in mind that the person who asked is driving a car with the crappy plastic BPV that doesn't hold as much as your metal ones. People with +08 WRXs often need better valves at stage 2, though I still recommend staying recirculated over VTA.
Agreed!!! My point exactly!!!